Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 18, 2005, 1:25 AM   #1

Hi Everyone
I've been away for a long time. Travelling a lot and i consider myself lucky to visit a few places that are a photographer's delight. Here is one such place.
The International Kite festival held every year at Ahmedabad on 14th Jan is very popular. However a lesser known fact is this place in the city where all the kites get made.Very colourful and vibrant this place has
rows of workshops or 'karkhanas' as they are called each churning out nearly 10,000 kites a day. Not having expected to visit this photographer's delight, I wasn't carrying my FZ 20. So i had to shoot with a point and shoot that i borrowed.
Now these shots serve as my test shots as i get ready and all geared up to re-visit this place again during the first week of Jan when work here gets at its peak. So watch out for this space.

These are just a few of the shots. Find the entire collection of test shots @ http://www.dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c797510.html

Let me know what you think

Besties
Dyu

dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:03 PM   #2

I'm looking forward to seeing more. They will certainly brighten up a dull January in the eastern USA.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:07 PM   #3

Very Colorful shots. Looking forward toyour next post. Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 6:28 AM   #4

Thank you for your reviews

Besties

Dyu
Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:33 PM   #5

Nice shots Dyu_d ! Of course they would have looked better taken with a Panasonic! Does that first picture have a "glowing edges" filter applied? Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:54 AM   #6

Hi Jim

I agree the pics would have looked better with a panasonic specially because of depth of field and colours.

The first pic is manipulated in PS. yes there is glowing edge filter appiled. I just thought of trying something different with the pic to make it more appealing. I dont know if it worked or not

Besties

Dyu