Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 18, 2005, 8:24 PM   #1

This Advent Wreath has been part of our family dinner during Advent for the past 20 years or so. The picture in the background is of the house we've lived in for those 20 years or so and is a 24" x 30" enlargement from a 4x5 glass negative taken on the ides of March 1906 when she was 30 years old.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2005, 8:38 PM   #2

A beautiful foto, fmoore. It, no doubt, invokes lots of memories.

I particularly like the dof and details captured inspite of the dark conditions - well done.

Francis
klguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 9:29 PM   #3

Lovely photo and story Fred .....for Advent

Fred I do recall seeing in some of your pictures a front Veranda as well as some street scenes, now its clearer .... the home is more than a century old

Cheers John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 9:44 PM   #4

Thank you Francis and John. Very astute, John. Yes, this is my studio, as it were, in and out. My wife's garden thrives here during the warmer months and the sun sets through the trees across the street all year long. The house is approaching at least 130 years old, essentailly unchanged. A wonderful place to live and photograph.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 10:50 PM   #5

Very nice Fred ! The picture in the background looks like it would make an interesting post ! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:45 PM   #6

Beautiful picture and memories Fred. If the walls could talk in your lovely house, what more sweet memories you might see.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:27 PM   #7

Very nice photo and story. Having moved around quite a lot throughout my life, I envy anyone who has a family homestead. You've set your wreath in the perfect location.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:33 PM   #8

Very special picture Fred and a great story about the house and wreath. My parents are living in a house that has been in our family since 1908. It belonged to my grandparents before my parents moved in after retiring. The house house has many wonderful memories. I'm sure yours does too,Fred. How wonderful! Thanks for sharing your advent wreath and the story the house story. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 8:29 PM   #9

Your photograph has captured the soul of your home. Wonderful photo.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:12 PM   #10

Jim, Don, Ladyhawk, B-mom, Hiroshi: Thank you all for your very warm comments. It's wonderful to have such nice cyber friends. Capturing the soul of things we love, as Hiroshi put it so well, is surely the driving force of all the wonderful photos we see on this forum day in and day out all year long. From my family and household to yours, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a properous and snappy New Year.

Fred