Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 22, 2005, 6:19 PM   #11

The red dot sight actually did not have instructions with it, but here is the link to the manual: http://www.bsaoptics.com/Handbooks/Red%20Dot.pdf. Frankly, all that calculation with windage and elevation etc. makes me want to go to sleep. I was wondering if anyone had used this model (BSA RD30) with the FZ30 and had successfully adjusted the two screws (windage and elevation). I figure since we are not dealing with a traveling bullet and its path, the settingsfor the camera should be uniformly the same. Does anyone know what the values for those two adjustments should be? If not, I'll test it and post it here.

thanks.

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 6:35 PM   #12

that's why i suggested 200m or more as a zero distance. at that point, the optical path of the dot and the axis of the camera lens should be roughly parallel, and there should be nodifficulties. just allow for the size of the dot, and remember that at 100m, an 8MOA dot will completely obscure a circle 8" in diameter.

i don't think there are "values" or specific settings for the sight... just aim the camera at a subjectand then adjust the dot so it's where you want it.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 6:37 PM   #13

Got it! I'll play with it. At this point, I don't even know how to set zero distance. I am at work, will check it out later this evening.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 6:45 PM   #14

most red dot sights have either knobs or screws you turn to move the dot with respect to the target. one for windage, one for elevation. it's pretty simple, especially if you're not concerned about bullet trajectory and need only to make sure the lens and the sight are on roughly the same axis... let me know how it works. i've been fighting with the "EVF blackout" problem with my FZ20, and if this works well, i might try it myself.

my daughter informed me, though, that if i put a gun sight on my camera, she would disown me! LOL! she already thinks i'm nuts for spending so much time and money on "pictures"... :?
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 9:35 PM   #15

Just go ahead and get one squirl and in my opinion the 8 dollar daisy from Walmart is better than the larger sights. I got a larger one from Ebay and its already in the junk drawer and I am back to a daisy and a crossman.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:06 PM   #16

How to say that . My father (heis taking photosa looooong time)know some guy who has fuji9000 and you know... my father saw this pictures and they were blured... indoor pictures... I didn't saw it myself but I trust my father . Test before you buy it.

Today I was taking pictures from car (my friend was driving ), by windowriding 45 miles/h about 100 and 2 were blured (becouse of me), and was cloudy today .

Every thing depend
kreciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:53 PM   #17

kreciu wrote:
Quote:
How to say that . My father (heis taking photosa looooong time)know some guy who has fuji9000 and you know... my father saw this pictures and they were blured... indoor pictures... I didn't saw it myself but I trust my father . Test before you buy it.

Today I was taking pictures from car (my friend was driving ), by windowriding 45 miles/h about 100 and 2 were blured (becouse of me), and was cloudy today .

Every thing depend

What???
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:54 PM   #18

genece wrote:
Quote:
Just go ahead and get one squirl and in my opinion the 8 dollar daisy from Walmart is better than the larger sights. I got a larger one from Ebay and its already in the junk drawer and I am back to a daisy and a crossman.

I paid $20 on ebay for theBSA RD30. That one comes highly recommended in different forums.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:54 AM   #19

What, What??

Sometimesdo not only make photos, sometimes I'm taking pictures and don't care about how I'm taking. Especialy if you want to show someone who newer was in the States, how looks like... higway, shops, gas station... this is true. Simple.

Every thing depend

Thanks

"I's still learnig your langauage, so forgive me my "grammar" "
kreciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:13 PM   #20

kreciu wrote:
Quote:
What, What??

Sometimesdo not only make photos, sometimes I'm taking pictures and don't care about how I'm taking. Especialy if you want to show someone who newer was in the States, how looks like... higway, shops, gas station... this is true. Simple.

Every thing depend

Thanks

"I's still learnig your langauage, so forgive me my "grammar" "

Kreciu, I understand that English is not your first language. I just had a really hard time figuring out the point you were trying to make.