Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 24, 2005, 2:28 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
tchuanye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,279
Default

Hi fellas! Its been a quite awhile since I took some pics.....poor weather, busy at work, but manage to squeeze 1 hr to shoot today just below my block. Guess was abit rusty as many shots turned out poor. Saw some spiders, ...not sure which Jumping spider species though. Took a brown crab spider too.

Appreciate any comments!

Taken with FZ10+6T+Sigma Close Up filters, Ext bounce flash, ISO 50, F8.0 various shutter speed

#1:Front
1/100s


#2iagonal
1/100s


#3:On my hand
1/160s


#4:Brown Crab Spider
1/125s


#5: Spider thread
1/125s
This is a poor shot, but like to post here as you can see the spider thread at the rear being inserted into the air....it does this in the hope that the thread will be blown by the wind, and the other end will hook up to another pt among the bushes....once it connects.....it will climb across the thread to the new leaf! Saw that happening...I mean I did not see where the thread landed, but saw it crawl across the thread to another leaf....very interesting.


tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2005, 2:43 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

They are very good I use the 4T with my Fz10 and 30. I believe it is a winning combination. The quality is so good that I can crop 40% and get the same results. Backing off on the zoomseem to give more DOF this was done at



Aperture: [/b]
f/5.2
ISO: [/b]
100
Focal Length: [/b]
56.1mm (337mm 35mm)
Exposure Time: [/b]
0.004s (10/2500)

Take a peak. http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/...38798347/Large
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 3:05 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
seemolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,255
Default

Thanks for your excellent pictures throughout the year, tchuanye!
Your expose is so inspiring, but it will be difficult to follow your footsteps....

I like these jumping spiders, one of them stays in my home this winter!
The third picture shows even all 4 eyes of one side - the last one on the back is very small.

Best wishes (I guess there is no real christmas in asia?)
Sven

by the way - do you know this "singapore" thread:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 3:19 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
tchuanye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,279
Default

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
They are very good I use the 4T with my Fz10 and 30. I believe it is a winning combination. The quality is so good that I can crop 40% and get the same results. Backing off on the zoomseem to give more DOF this was done at



Aperture:
f/5.2
ISO:
100
Focal Length:
56.1mm (337mm 35mm)
Exposure Time:
0.004s (10/2500)

Take a peak. http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/...38798347/Large
Thanks lovelife! Nice spider shot. Zoomed out and still so large! Must be a BIG spider!

I am not so sure abt the DOF at wider setting though. I guess at whatever zoom, F8 will give the highest DOF right?

Anyway, have a blessed year!

CY
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 3:23 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
tchuanye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,279
Default

Thanks Sven! and thaks for directing me to the link from doublechin! don't know him but great spider shots too!

Well, in asia, pp do celebrate Christmas...though not a white one:lol:. Its a public holiday on Monday too cause 25Dec is on a Sunday. Pp do by some fake christmas tree, decorate it, and buy gifts for each other...and lots of shooping done during this festive season. Our main shopping area is also decorated with lots fo christmas lighting too! Well, at least, thats whats done in Singapore.

seemolf wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your excellent pictures throughout the year, tchuanye!
Your expose is so inspiring, but it will be difficult to follow your footsteps....

I like these jumping spiders, one of them stays in my home this winter!
The third picture shows even all 4 eyes of one side - the last one on the back is very small.

Best wishes (I guess there is no real christmas in asia?)
Sven

by the way - do you know this "singapore" thread:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 5:26 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Raghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ambattur, near Chennai, India
Posts: 3,656
Default

Your pictures are always amazing and this series is certainly worth the wait, Tan.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:10 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

tchuanye wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
They are very good I use the 4T with my Fz10 and 30. I believe it is a winning combination. The quality is so good that I can crop 40% and get the same results. Backing off on the zoomseem to give more DOF this was done at



Aperture:
f/5.2
ISO:
100
Focal Length:
56.1mm (337mm 35mm)
Exposure Time:
0.004s (10/2500)

Take a peak. http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/...38798347/Large
Thanks lovelife! Nice spider shot. Zoomed out and still so large! Must be a BIG spider!

I am not so sure abt the DOF at wider setting though. I guess at whatever zoom, F8 will give the highest DOF right?

Anyway, have a blessed year!

CY
Thank you the spider was less then a 1/2"
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 12:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
tiger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,696
Default

Enjoyed you latest shots Tchuanye ! All of them were impressive! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2005, 1:18 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
tchuanye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,279
Default

Thanks Raghu, lovelife and Tiger98! Have a blessed year ahead!
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2005, 5:33 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
pappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 827
Default

great shots tchuanye #1 is my favorite
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:37 AM.