Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:58 AM   #51

xedrox wrote:
Quote:
About the first 4 pictures of this thread:

I like the skies without the polarizer more natural the with it. I's expected more.

I was thinking of buying a polarizer for landscape pictures to avoi those blown out skies, but i'm not sure now if it does the job .

The leafes are nice though

Yes, the ones without the polarizer are definitely more natural. That's why I called it a "Polarizer Effect". Not saying they are better with the polarizer, just different. There was really no glare in that picture and the sky was already deep blue, so the deeper blue that the polarizer created, was too deep, I agree. The polarizer will do its job when its needed. In this case it was not needed, just created an extra effect.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:13 PM   #52

Ok, like ttkbear wrote, maybee it is the angle in wich the picture are taken. When taking landscape pictures the effect will be diffrrent. I'm going to by myself a linear polarizer one of thsi days and experiment with it.

thnks
xedrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:43 PM   #53

:|I like the affect so much i am not embarrased to ask you what type of linier
polerization filter that is? Please. ill be ordering my camera soon and want it all at the same time. And by the way the effect is stunning thanx for the post.

NeoDon
NeoDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 7:54 PM   #54

NeoDon wrote:
Quote:
:|I like the affect so much i am not embarrased to ask you what type of linier
polerization filter that is? Please. ill be ordering my camera soon and want it all at the same time. And by the way the effect is stunning thanx for the post.

NeoDon

Hi NeoDon. I just realize that this question was probably posed to me. The polarizer I used is from Raynox.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:28 PM   #55

Thanks for the tip rduve, I don't think I am. Even as I looked into the evf and turned the filter I don't notice a lot of change. Mind you, my eyesight is not the best.

Also, did not know about the white dot! Feel quite silly now...

Thanks for your help.

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Grant2 wrote:
Quote:
Wow. Big difference. This is what I remember the CP did on my 35mm SLR. I'm just not seeing the same with new filter/new camera.

I must be doing something wrong. Even tried the water shots and whilest it's better it's not that good.

Thanks ttkbear for the great examples.

Are you adjusting it properly? The axis has to be lined up exactly according to the influx of light in order to achieve the desired effect. In some cases there will be no visible difference, in others (situations with a lot of light from the side and reflections and glare) it can be dramatic.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 3:43 PM   #56

I had just about stopped using my polorizing filter but after reading this thread I now understandit's use. I havestarted using it on most of my out door, sunny day shots.Looking back,my photos seem to have more color and contrast since I started using it correctly. I had no idea what the mark on the filter was for and it was never mentioned in any explaintion I have ever been given. This forum and the great people using it have come through again. Thanks everybody, Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote