Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 28, 2005, 1:14 PM   #11

dwelsh7- Yes, mine measures 1" from flat of case to top of flash front edge so that may not be the issue. Then, again, I haven't looked for the issue in any flash photos nor do I believe that I have taken any flash photos of subjects that close. Maybe it is an issue with the adapter/filter that one needs to be aware of. Have you tried taking a flash with no filter?

Yes, I keep my UV(O) filter on all of the time. Mostly for protection purposes but also for attaching my TCON17 and closeup lenses to the metal filter threads.

I'm a newbie having my FZ5 for a little over 4-weeks now. For Post Processing, I started using Noise Image and have tried using the Photobase4 software that came with the camera. I just down loaded last night and started trying out Picasa2 (http://picasa.google.com/index.html) from Google that seems to be a bit more flexible and user friendly for general photo processing by someone that is new to the interplay of the different tweaks possible.

I figure that its better to concentrate on learning the camera and photo taking first. Once I feel comfortable on that side of the equation, I figure then the post processing side will be more effective and I'll start looking at and reading on PP software and techniques.

So far, I have no regrets with the FZ5. Its a powerful digi that usually does the right thing to compensate for what I've asked it to do.
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 2:38 PM   #12

Telecorder wrote:
Quote:
dwelsh7- Yes, mine measures 1" from flat of case to top of flash front edge so that may not be the issue. Then, again, I haven't looked for the issue in any flash photos nor do I believe that I have taken any flash photos of subjects that close. Maybe it is an issue with the adapter/filter that one needs to be aware of. Have you tried taking a flash with no filter?
Quote:
*****Yes, without the filter - no problem with flash and shadows. I get so close because i have little girls with beautiful eyes. When up close - redeye is no problem and lets their beauty come shinning through. From a distance with flash, they tend to get red-eye. Appreicated your thoughts below. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:

Yes, I keep my UV(O) filter on all of the time. Mostly for protection purposes but also for attaching my TCON17 and closeup lenses to the metal filter threads.

I'm a newbie having my FZ5 for a little over 4-weeks now. For Post Processing, I started using Noise Image and have tried using the Photobase4 software that came with the camera. I just down loaded last night and started trying out Picasa2 (http://picasa.google.com/index.html) from Google that seems to be a bit more flexible and user friendly for general photo processing by someone that is new to the interplay of the different tweaks possible.

I figure that its better to concentrate on learning the camera and photo taking first. Once I feel comfortable on that side of the equation, I figure then the post processing side will be more effective and I'll start looking at and reading on PP software and techniques.

So far, I have no regrets with the FZ5. Its a powerful digi that usually does the right thing to compensate for what I've asked it to do.
dwelsh7 is offline   Reply With Quote