Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:10 AM   #21

Thanks Corpsy. Which program do you recommend to resize a whole folder of images at once? I might try that. What bugs me the most about the noise is when it affects the faces of my kids. Here is an example of a 100% crop of an 8 MP ISO 100 shot. I know that Neat Image does wonders on that but I don't want to have to apply it to low ISO shots.

Other than that issue, I LOVE the FZ30, don't get me wrong, handling wise, ergonomics wise, and even image quality wise, outside of the noise, it is a marvel. And I did not want to bring up the noise again, but I was disappointed that it is not just an issue in higher ISO's, but also in lower ones.

Rainer
Attached Images

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 2:57 AM   #22

IrfanView is the only one I can think of right now. It has feature in the file menu called "Batch conversion/rename" which allows you to alter a whole bunch of files at once with all sorts of adjustments, resizing being one of them.

http://www.download.com/IrfanView/30...ml?tag=lst-0-1
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:59 AM   #23

Thanks Corpsy. I downloaded IfanView, but have not yet found the resizing option.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:47 AM   #24

When you run batch conversion, make sure one of the "batch conversion" options is selected under "work as". Check the box for "use advanced options". Click the "set advanced options" button. Check the "resize box". The easiest thing is to select "set long side to" and put in your max width/height. If you set it to 640, the images from the FZ30 should come out 640x480, or 480x640 if they're portrait. I'd also check "preserve aspect ratio" and "use resample function".
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote