Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 30, 2005, 5:56 PM   #1

[align=center][/align]

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center]January February March April[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]MayJuneJulyAugust[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]September OctoberNovember December[/align]

[align=center]Jan, Feb, and April were with the fz1. The rest were with the fz5. The photos are posted at http://www.ishots.net/2006calendar/ The template used for the printed monthly calendar is freely downloaded at http://www.mycustomcalendars.com/[/align]
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2005, 6:21 PM   #2

Nice photos Fred, will make a very nice calendar! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 6:22 PM   #3

Fred

Amazing stuff and an absolutely fantastic idea. One of the best things Ive seen done in the forum period.

:-) :| :? :G

Cheers

HarjTT
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:18 PM   #4

Kudos Fred, all are really great images, but I think November is super I love that shot its a beautiful rural scene.

oops had to add June is particulary beautiful.

Happy New Year Fred and very best wishes.

John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 9:06 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments. This is the fourth year I've done a calendar for friends and family at Christmas. Everyone seems to get alot of enjoyment out of it including yours truly. They end up costing about $6-7 in ink, paper, and binding. Another $1.75 for mailing. I print out about 30 of them. I have an epson r200 and use epson heavyweight matte paper and the cheapest ink I can find; $2-3/cartridge on ebay. Nice way to put the year into perspective.

Happy New Year to all and may it be as fruitful as the one we are leaving.

Fred
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:19 PM   #6

nice calendar, Fred... i've made up one myself, for a couple of friends, though i had them printed since my home printer isn't up to photo-quality work. they cost me about $15 apiece, but that's not much more than i'd pay to buy a mass-produced one at the store, and this way my friends receive something much more personal. i really like your May shot. i'm vry partial to close-ups with lots of dramatic contrast against a soft background, and that one really "pops". nice piece of work!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:51 PM   #7

Nice calendar Fred, I especially like the "fireworks" of July. Happy New Year to you!!!! bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:03 PM   #8

Thanks fmoore, great idea and good site. I like specially the cover picture. Now I kinda want to make a calendar myself, but... it's only two days!
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:17 AM   #9

Nice to see folks liking different shots.

John - The June creek shot was into the sun which getsthe sparkling on the water. Keep the sun behind the foliage. The November shot is of the only farm still operating in the Philadelphia city limits and goes back to the early 1800's.

Squirl - The May lilies were in a deep shadow with the sun illuminating just the white lilies and adjacent leaves. A priority at f8 with the oly b-macro at 4x zoom. Where do you get your calendars done? Does that $15 include shipping?

B'mom - Those 4th of July Dill Flowers were a challenge with a breeze blowing them back and forth. Taken with the fz5 and oly b-macro at 6x zoom; A priority at f5.

Jose - The cover photo was taken with the flash. That's my daughter-in-law's 85 year-old uncle whose dad fought as Younge Loughry in Ireland in the early 1900's. Go for that calendar. You can download the months I used as a Word document at http://www.ishots.net/2006calendar/2006.docRight click and choose Save Target As. You will need to change the photo captionsin the top right corner of each page.

Happy New Year!

- Fred

Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:59 AM   #10

Fred

Just wanted to say that the shot of your daughter-in-law's 85 year-old uncle is my favorite. Really nice shot and composed, as if it had come straight out of a book on photography.

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :|
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote