Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:43 AM   #31

You will LOVE it!! Enjoy
brucewasserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:34 PM   #32

ehh, I see I need to write something again. FZ30 is nice camera :-). thank you .

PS. I installed Neat Image, pictures are rally clean after process . I need to post something at least...
kreciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 9:42 PM   #33

Thanks again to all of you, I am pleased and surprised at the quantity and quality of the responses, but evidently of the nature of the memebrs of this Forum.

I hope to spend more time here, you've got a heck of a collective knowledge and seem very willing to share...

thx aagain,

Ray
roy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:14 PM   #34

One more macro - I took this one today and I think it's about the better ones I've taken so far (not the prettiest subject, but interesting). This was the raw version, I added a bit of saturation and did a very little bit of noise reduction. Its been cropped quite a bit because it looked so good full sized (but if I cropped it full sized I doubted anyone would understand what it was). If I could get this quality all the time, I'd be really happy. Unfortunately, I don't get it very often, which leads me to believe the problem is the photographer, not the camera.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:06 AM   #35

ok mtngal, you've peaked my interest...what is that a macro shot of?:?

btw, i think the quality is quite nice...
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:10 PM   #36

It's the underside and stem of a fairly large mushroom/toadstool that was growing under a tree. The top was quite slimy, it wasn't your usual SoCal lawn mushroom.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 11:47 PM   #37

@mtngal...now that you told me, it's obvious, couldn't tell on my own...

i'm getting very antsy waiting for my Camera, unfortunately it's sched delivery date is Monday 1/9/06...that's what i get for going with the cheapest shipping...
Old Jan 7, 2006, 12:33 AM   #38

By getting your camera Monday you'll have time to read the manual first, then take it to the L.A. Auto Show. I'm not particularly into taking photos of cars, but I'll give it a try tomorrow (anyone have suggestions?).

In the beginning of this thread I indicated that I was on the fence about this camera, and that I've been really frustrated.The last 2 days I've been visiting the Botanical Gardens at lunch, as well as trying my hand at some night photos. Tonight I looked at a slide show of the ones I resized or cropped to fit my monitor and viewed them as a slide show. The ones I decided to keep are pretty - not the quality of those taken by others here, but nice. I had much better luck now that I'm paying closer attention to the shutter speed (I miss the faster lens on my old Sony). I've also started using a small tripod and that's helped quite a bit. I've been shooting at such slow shutter speeds (too many shadows) and not being careful (the Sony's forgiveness and shorter zoom got me into bad habits), and it was too much for the IS to deal with.

I'm slowly deciding that this camera might work out for me, and am now shifting more to the side of being glad I got it.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 8:04 AM   #39

ABSOLUTELY! I WOULD BUY AGAIN
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 12:51 AM   #40

Hello All,

This is my first post .

Boy, amI glad I found this forum.

Finally got my FZ30 which I have been lusting after for some time. I am very impressed by the feel of the camera and the build quality. I look forward to exploring the possibilities offered by the simply amazing range of versatile features which this camera offers.

I needed a camera for all round duty but a main requirement was to capture car racing as I have two sons who race V8s.

I hope to be able to post some racing shots after the first meeting in February.

Happy snapping! :-)

Puddock is offline   Reply With Quote