Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:42 PM   #1

bejoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:51 PM   #2

Beautiful shot, Betty! How do like the tc200m? I've been trying to pick-up one of the oly c-160's off ebay to compare with the ricoh. But I'm not willing to pay more than $10 and people keep out bidding me.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 7:18 PM   #3

Fred, the Ricoh TC 200M quickly became my lens of choice. It works real well on my Oly C-2100 as well as the FZ1. The Ricoh lets in more light than the C-160, but I enjoy using the C-160 because it's just so light that I don't even know it's on the camera. I'll make some pictures withthe C-160in the next few days and post them here for you. I gotmy C-160for $9.00 and hopefully you'll be able to do the same real soon .
bejoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:59 AM   #4

Excellent shot Betty!
I will need a better tele converter after my "shooting birds from a sofa" series.
This one looks interesting. I tried a 4* converter but the colours were running in different directions trough the lens..
Sven

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 1:17 PM   #5

The 52mm ricoh tc200m is indeed an excellent light weight 1.5x tele. It's been out of production since 1989, however. It shows up occasionally on ebay alone or packaged with the Ricoh Mirai Zoom 35-105 for which I believe it was designed. See http://www.artmags.com/fz5/teles/index_lb.htmlfor some comparisons with different tcons and the fz5 including the tc200m. Another excellent 1.5x not included in that comparison is the much larger minolta act100. That's probably the best tcon I have, but it's huge size keeps it in the closet. For sofafotos it would be ideal. The ricoh is my everyday tele.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote