Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 4, 2006, 7:43 AM   #1

Can anyone tell me if it is useful to spend the extra money for the faster memory cards such as the Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card. The only thing I think it may help is the unlimited burst speed mode. Any thouhts apprecited.¬*Thanks¬*Mitch [img]/forums/images/emoticons/confused-smiley-017.gif[/img]
Mitchell Yadven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2006, 9:18 AM   #2

that's the main advantage... if you use burst or continuous modes, fast cards will let you shoot without having the camera stop while the memory card takes the data. if you don't use those modes, there really isn'ta hugebenefit. on the other hand, consider that these cards do make downloading and/or clearing faster. and, even if you don't use burst or "C" modes much now, you might want to in the future. theprice of memory has dropped to the point that60xcards don't cost that much more than"standard" memory, so it's really not that big a deal.

if cost is a consideration - and i gether it is, or you wouldn't be asking if the speed was worth the money - consider other brands as well. sandisk is a big name, with a big price. i have one of their ultra II cards, but i also have a couple of kingmax 60x cards that are just as fast, and work every bit as reliably, but sell for a LOT less money. check out Newegg.com - they offer a number of brands, and seem to have very good prices. you can get a kingmax 60x card there forno morethan the price of a sandisk "standard" card of the same capacity. last time i looked a 1GB kingmax card was about $55...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 7:52 AM   #3

Thanks for your advice will be looking for that card soon.Mitch
Mitchell Yadven is offline   Reply With Quote