Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2006, 4:00 AM   #21
ViS

genece wrote:
Quote:
You are exactly correct about not resampling ...and a little crop and your all set.

Awesome. Thanks again for everyone's help. I can't help but feel bad about all the nice photos I butchered getting them ready to print

At least I know the ones I do from here on will be as the camera intended them to be

ViS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:33 AM   #22

Speaking from experience ..I know your not the only one to not handle photos correctly.

I thinksome of the folks that complain about the noise are doing something similar.

Glad your on the right track!

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:55 PM   #23

I do hope that when you do anything to your photos you do them on copies, not the original. I don't know how many times I've been SO glad that I keep the originals intact. Sometimes I'll look at my photos on another monitor or in another context and think"gee, I should do..." When you still have the original intact, it's no big deal to go back and make the other change/crop or whatever.

Can someone tell how to calibrate my monitor? I finally brought my photos to work and discovered that the flat panel at work is now different than my flat panel at home (they used to be about the same). It did make a difference looking at them full screen, and perhaps they aren't as bad as I had been thinking (other than some of my stupid mistakes. If anyone ever wants to see how NOT to photograph a car at a car show, I have some spectacularly bad examples!).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 4:13 PM   #24
ViS

Yeah I still have the originals and only adjust the copies. The problem is, I've printed out about 400 6x4 prints of our daughter so far and I'm not keen to go back and do it all again.

The prints I've done look just fine, but I just wonder how much better they would have come out if I'd done it right first up. I might reprint a couple I wasn't too happy with and see if there is a difference.

Can't help you with screen calibration sorry.

ViS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:59 AM   #25

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I do hope that when you do anything to your photos you do them on copies, not the original. I don't know how many times I've been SO glad that I keep the originals intact. Sometimes I'll look at my photos on another monitor or in another context and think"gee, I should do..." When you still have the original intact, it's no big deal to go back and make the other change/crop or whatever.

Can someone tell how to calibrate my monitor? I finally brought my photos to work and discovered that the flat panel at work is now different than my flat panel at home (they used to be about the same). It did make a difference looking at them full screen, and perhaps they aren't as bad as I had been thinking (other than some of my stupid mistakes. If anyone ever wants to see how NOT to photograph a car at a car show, I have some spectacularly bad examples!).
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:10 PM   #26

mtngal wrote:
Quote:

I recently bought a Cannon iP5000 printer and the prints did not look like the the monitor's image. I then adjusted the monitor TO the print and not the Print to the monitor. I never got the hang of adjusting the monitor and then adjusting the printer. Never seemed to work out right.

Goto: http://www.bullockpro.com/adjust_monitor.htmand print out the 'Kodak Evaluation Target' at the bottom of the page. [They will send one free, which I do not use] I then set all the color controlsof the monitor to maximum. My video cardis NVIDIA and I use their control programto adjust the monitor to match the Kodak Target I printed out from Bullock's site. Now I get prints that are reasonably like the image on the monitor.

Stan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote