Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 7, 2006, 9:37 AM   #1

are there many others problems than noise on 400 Iso.
I would like to buy this FZ30 but i am worry about many bad informations about noises;
Couls someone give me others raisons to not buy this FZ30
acch_acch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2006, 10:02 AM   #2

It has Lecia lens with F2,8 to F3,6, 30mm to 420 (If you find lens like this for other camera for 500$ - good luck),manual zoom andfocus, image stabilization (real image stabilization), from 30 cm to 7,5 built in flash (which is nice), RAW files, Burst mode in jpg (about 3-4/s), movies in quick time with zoom. Additional lenses... 300 pix/one charging. Really handy. And it is not looks like a toy, whih I like. Absolutly fast in focusing! Really fast time when it's prepared to shoots (it's only push the on/off button and you can take pix!) Much more...

But your question was different

Only one thing for me, hmmm, really it's hard to say. I always say, IT IS DEPEND...

EVF frizing durigng shoting, this is not good in burst mode (I'm not using so frequently, if I start I will buy red dot). But really for me it's hard to find something more what is bed. Maybe that you can install "only" 2 GB SD memory... but for what you 4 GB if I can buy 2x2GB . May be sometimes I don't like use manual focus on that camera SOMETIMES is hard to find good possition (but auto is PERFECT). Noise... if you have Neat Image it's not any problem (especially if I don't take so many pictures at night or indoor). But for this price you CANT find anythig better. Look up for pro and my con will be nothing

Everything for me. And I really can't find better camera for me.

I don't know it was helpfull...
kreciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 10:10 AM   #3

Not me....If you want an ultrazoom camera and understand the limitations of such a camera the FZ30 is the best available.

There is a limitation to how large a sensor and lens can fit in a package with a 12X zoom , but so far no one does that better than Panasonic and the FZ30 is the top of their FZ line.

There are better low light cameras but none that the zoom gets over 120mm compared to 420mm of the FZ30

Thats my opinion, butI really like the FZ30.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 2:45 PM   #4

Noise is really the only complaint that I have. The noise issue basically means that in situations with relatively low light levels, you won't have an easy time capturing action shots without using the flash since those higher ISO settings become impractical. If you think you'll mostly be doing shooting in situations like high school basketball games, concerts, or shooting people indoors without a flash, you might want to take a look at the Fuji S9000 which does a lot better with higher ISO settings.

In any other situation however, I'd prefer to have the FZ30. The S9000 doesn't have image stabilization, so in order to do shots with a lot of zoom or in low light, you often times will HAVE to use a higher ISO setting on the S9000 where the FZ30 can do the shot at ISO 80 or 100 thanks to the stabilizer. Even though the S9000 is good at handling higher ISO settings, a shot at ISO 400 on that camera will not look as good as ISO 100 on the FZ30. The FZ30 has a lot of other advantages like better RAW support (FZ30 saves them over 3x faster), but I don't remember them all right now.

Here are some older posts of mine. If this looks like the kind of shooting you want to do, the FZ30 is probably for you;

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 3:08 PM   #5

Uhaaaa, what nice pictures you got,,,,,
acch_acch is offline   Reply With Quote