Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 7, 2006, 4:48 PM   #1

I'm a novice of digital camera.I want to buy the LX1 and todayin a store I've seen the menu mode.

Can you explain me because are there 2 identical SCN mode?There are also the same scene mode....I don't understand the reason...

Thanks for the answers!

Madda
Madda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2006, 5:03 PM   #2

Well I imagine its like the FZ30.

You set scene 1 at say fireworks now everytime you turn to scene 1 its set at Fireworks and you set scene2 at portrait now you have 2 modes locked in on the dial...they will stay like that until you change them.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 5:30 PM   #3

.....ohhhhh so easy answer?

2 SCN identical mode because if you useoften only 2 scene mode (example "sport" and "snow) in SCN1 you set "sport" and in SCN2 you set "snow" instead of changing always.....it sounds a bit strange to me,but I imagine it is a Panasonic's choice.

Madda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:09 PM   #4

I suppose it is for speed mainly, for instance, I use to have one set to Landscape and one to sport, so when I was out snapping during a walk, if I strayed onto some wildlife, birds for instance, I could quickly switch to sport mode with a higher shutter speed and grab the shot, rather than mucking about looking for the right mode or manual settings.

I tend to use manual settings now, but when I first got the FZ30 thats what I figured they were for??
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:36 PM   #5

Not only does the LX1 have two scene modes, it also has two manual WB settings that I can adjust. I really like that. This will come in handy. I wish more digicams allowed more than one manual WB setting.

Enjoy life!
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote