Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:28 PM   #1

I've finally "upgraded" from my FZ1v2 and this is one of the first pictures I've made with the camera. I'm still experimenting with settings :roll:.
Attached Images

bejoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:38 PM   #2

You may want to make a note of those settings....very nice
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 4:40 PM   #3

genece wrote:
Quote:
You may want to make a note of those settings....very nice
Thanks! I'll definitely remember the settings, but I'm mainly a "point and shoot" person so I probably won't change them, except for "Cloudy" or "Sunny" :-).
Old Jan 9, 2006, 4:59 PM   #4

Congratulations on getting the fz4, Betty! How do you like that jump from 2mp to 4mp? Very nice first shot.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:20 PM   #5

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations on getting the fz4, Betty! How do you like that jump from 2mp to 4mp? Very nice first shot.
Thanks, Fred! I love the additional pixels, the fast focus of the FZ4, and the picture quality. I've been searching through your posts about adapter modifications, etc. Right now I have a 55mm UV filter on the adapter and the Canon TL55 is attached to the filter. I want to use your 52mm adapter ring modification whenever I can get to the camera store, 1 hour away, for a 52mm ring of some sort. Like you, I don't trust those plastic threadsfor holding my lens permanently:-).
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:21 PM   #6

The modification using a 52mm filter casing with the glass removed isquite easy to do and works great. I just used two thicknesses of electrical tape to increase the outside diameter of the filter casing so that it fits tightly in the shortened fz4/5 adapter. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it holds together fine. The tc200m screws right in. A more permanentand stronger connectionwould be to use epoxy glue, but at this point I'm happy with the tape and I can take it apart if I want to get to those 55mm plastic threads for some reason. I picked up a cheap 52mm uv filter on ebay for $5 and broke out glass.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:55 PM   #7

Pretty shot Betty.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:11 AM   #8

very nice shot indeed, Betty... i'd heard reports that the TL-55 was a relatively "soft" lens, but this shot is dead on, nice and clear, with great lighting. a candidate for framing, in my opinion! :G
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote