Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:04 PM   #11

TD - That's a really nice home-made bag. Too bad I didn't see it before I bought my expensive one - I would have been happy to do something like that for my FZ30. On the other hand, I have a bag that I'll use for a long time, and that could outlast my camera.

As far as room - I bought a small, inexpensive bag when I bought the camera. It works fine for the camera, but I take most of my photos outside and found it a pain to be constantly putting on and taking off the lens hood (which does seem to help with lens flare), so I got a bigger bag where I can leave the hood on the camera all the time. I ended up getting a bigger bag than was really necessary because my table top tripod fits in it also. I don't mind the extra size because the bag is still light (not being filled up with extra lenses etc., thank heavens!).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:16 PM   #12

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
TD - That's a really nice home-made bag. Too bad I didn't see it before I bought my expensive one -
Thanks mntgal, I made it that way as it`s not as inconspicuous ascamera bags, which stick out like sore thumbs :G

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:26 AM   #13

After carefull consideration, I have come to the conclusion that a tripod is absolutely necessary if one is going to take good photos. I mean, especially if you're no pro or you don't have a steady hand, as is my case.
So, that is next on my list, to purchase.
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote