Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:06 PM   #11

Here's my best shot tonight - just cropped and contrast boosted, no sharpening. ASA80, 1/125, f11 TCON17, full manual. I used the tripod and 2 sec delay trip. I'll learn it yet!
Attached Images

tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:14 AM   #12

tswill2, what is TCON17? Did you use 12X zoom?
What white balance setting was there?
Thanks.
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 6:42 AM   #13

Hi, every one trying to show "their" moon. So this is my during day, by hand, setting in exif, 12x, croped, neat image, running to work . -15C so...it's little bit over exposed but I like this plane (when I was taking thisphoto I even know there is any plane ).thanks
Attached Images

kreciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:17 AM   #14

The TCON17 is a Olympus teleconverter that boosts the 12X from 420mm to about 700mm without seriously degrading the image quality. The 17 refers to 1.7X, but it is really about 1.65. Their sales people named it I guess. This lens screws onto the 55mm thread on my Hoya UV filter. For more info on teleconverters I suggest you read http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/

I had the white balance on auto, but there was a pronounced CA fringe on the left edge of the moon, so I used Elements to decolor it. The origional shot is posted at - http://tswill2.smugmug.com/gallery/3...2390229/Mediumwith full exif available.
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote