Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 10, 2006, 7:04 PM   #1

like Seattle's on track to break its previous record of 33 straight days of rain... we're at 23 now, and the forecast is for at least 7-8 more rainy days before we get even a chance at a break! sunup - behind the clouds - at 7:30 AM, almost dark at 4 PM... how the heck can anyone take photos in THIS *&^(*% weather!!?? :angry:

grumble, grumble, grumble...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2006, 7:10 PM   #2

Emigrate, mate!

Here we get four seasons every day.:-)
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:17 PM   #3

Come to Fargo , -10C and I sow clear sky 3 weeks ago , snow, ice, snow, ice, snow... My fish in my aquarium starting to hate me for taking pictures of them . This is good place to take pictures of "nature". And this countryside , beautiful . Unfortunatelly I can't take picture of wind.... 50km/h nice... Whay I'm here? Don't ask...
kreciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:55 PM   #4
VP

squirl.... I would be more than happy to trade you a week of clear skies for a week of rain.

We have the opposite situation here. No rain for months practically. Lakes are way down and everything tinder dry, wildfires have burned up thousands of acres (along with many homes) Record high temps are being broken regulary. Strange weather all over.

Doesn't solve your dilemna though.

I like Idle's idea.:idea:

VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:00 PM   #5

Squril: hahahaha! I take the bus to my internship at the Mexican Consulate downtown from UW. I have never seen the bus more full, even at the point on University Ave where it's usually empty, there were at least 10 people on their feet. It's horrible, horrible, horrible. I have a 15 minute walk both ways to/from class. Seattle sucks as far as weather goes, especially for taking pictures. Maybe you could take some pictures of the rain on Lake Washington or something, but besides that, I've been stumped too. Ohhh... there are always comical pictures of people puddle-wading--especially if they aren't clothed for the venture.
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:13 PM   #6

Squirl, Wish we could borrow some of your rain, haven't seen a drop here since early Oct. and like Texas were looking at a critical burn season ! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:36 PM   #7

Squirl, I can relate. We had our 3 days of rain over New Year's Weekend - all rain, no snow at all. I tried (and failed) to take pictures of the raindrops on the pines outside my dining room window, that's as far as I was willing to go. Last year we were gone the week between Christmas and New Years and came back to find well over 3 feet of snow in our driveway. Where's all the snow gone to?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:03 AM   #8

(besides grumbling) I feel you are already doing what you can - viewing others' posts and offering your valuable comments! Doesn't that make you happy? Cheer up!
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:41 AM   #9

Ha ha.Have to laugh at this Squirl. We're on the road to the same sorry record up here. I haven't had the camera out for over 3 weeks now. Maybe take a trip to the Aquarium or a museum and try some low light shooting. You'll find it a challenge and it'll get you out of the house and see some colour. Cheers from a fellow drenched westcoast habitant:?...thekman..

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
like Seattle's on track to break its previous record of 33 straight days of rain... we're at 23 now, and the forecast is for at least 7-8 more rainy days before we get even a chance at a break! sunup - behind the clouds - at 7:30 AM, almost dark at 4 PM... how the heck can anyone take photos in THIS *&^(*% weather!!?? :angry:

grumble, grumble, grumble...
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:54 AM   #10

I'd like to see some rain photos...
Stoney79 is offline   Reply With Quote