Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:38 PM   #1

I'm wondering if anyone has found a great fitting camera bag for the FZ5? I have been looking without success. It seems like they're all made for the very tiny cameras or those that have the full body and large lens. ¬* ¬*Thanks¬*
tech challenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:57 AM   #2

i have a case from a company called M-Rock. Im pretty sure the one i have is the denali, heres a link, http://www.m-rock.com/denali.html . they reccomend it for the FZ5, and it fits very well with the adaptor on and all with room for other extras
billybobbovine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 4:41 AM   #3

I don't know whether this bag, a Samsonite Trekking DF30, is available in your country. In GB and Germany it is.

I got one. It fits like a glove, room for 2 Li-Ions and a few memory cards is left, none for converter lenses, though. Please take a look.
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 3:54 PM   #4

Thanks billybobbovine & shutterbuggy, those both look like fantastic candidates.¬* Shutterbuggy does yours have room for the camera with the adaptor on?¬* ¬*Thanks again, I just wish there were a store locally that I could try them out. Guess I'll have to make my best guess. It will help when the camera gets here in my hot little hands.¬* ¬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gif[/img]
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:08 PM   #5

tech challenged:

You're correct; it is so much easier to take your camera to Best Buy or Circuit City and try them all on for size. Short of that, you're in the dark and limited to what other's comments would indicate.

For my part, I'm more into using my FZ5 with my TCON17 teleconverter lens and prefer to have all of my components in one bag. Eventually, I may decided that a bag for just the FZ5 sans most everything else is in order. In the meantime, you may want to reviewthe thread that Ihave a reply onwhere I posted some photos of what all I carry in my Lowes RZ 140AW case at http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=16558993

(Third reply from bottom of page 1 on the thread.
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:22 PM   #6

Yes, telecorder I see. Very nice setup. Though I don't anticipate having all those items. I am hoping to only have the original components and¬* extra memory, battery, UV filter attached. Although it may be nice to slip in a cell phone, car keys, $ and use it like my carryall. Particularly, when I am traveling with the family; Disneyland, hiking etc.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:49 PM   #7

There were one or two small Lowe Pro cases that were a fairly good fit for just the FZ5 w/adapter and the items you referenced when I was at Best Buy. Sorry, I can't remember which models. Have you tried doing a search on 'FZ5 cases' to see what comes up? A lot of times this will get you a lot of past info on the same question/issue that appeared on previous threads on this forum...

By the by, welcome to the forum
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 9:52 PM   #8

I did try that, thanks. Only this thread came up.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:09 PM   #9

I use my FZ5 with the plastic lens adapter and a lens cap on it all the time.

To carry it I use the LowePro case, on the back it says "edit 120". It is just big enuf to hold the camera firmly, and a battery or two in the main part of the case. The pocket in the lid flap can carry a polarizer lens and a close up lens plus a memory card or two. The two side pockets can hold the battery charger in one and my Razr cell phone in the other. The front pouch can hold a pair of sunglasses or a wallet.

It is not big enuf to carry any teleconverters....
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:35 AM   #10

@ tech challenged:
The bag is big enough for the FZ5 itself but not for an FZ5 + converter. The DF30 is like a glove: it cannot get any smaller ...
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote