Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:21 AM   #1

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:20 AM   #2

Pretty nice Lovelife!
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:20 PM   #3

Yes, very nice lowlight pics
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:20 PM   #4

i just wish it were real..i remember miles ..trane .rollins.dizzy ..morgan...the crusaders ...if only there was some one left to pick up the pieces
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:31 AM   #5

jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
i just wish it were real..i remember miles ..trane .rollins.dizzy ..morgan...the crusaders ...if only there was some one left to pick up the pieces
Finally found a music soul mate. I am 65 and have been an avid jazz fan for 50 years. I use to go to Birdland and listen to all the greats at the tender age of 17. My father and the owner were close friends and I had a special table were I was allowed to sit. The rule was if booze appeared on my table the waiter was sacked. I knew most of the greats on a first name basis. I have long wondered where are the new Jazz Giants and how do I hear them. Last week I made the plunge into XM radio, they have 5 jazz channels of commercialfree radio and you can get a subscription for car and computer for $13.00 per month or just the computer. I am in 7[suP]th[/suP] heaven the quality is pristine, better then FM and as good as CD. The car unit I am using is a DELPHI Roady 2, which I bought for $32.00 at an appliance discount store. They have accessories to convert the unit to walk around and home via your stereo system.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:35 AM   #6

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Yes, very nice lowlight pics
I wish I was better prepared thelighting conditions were poor and I was too far away for good flash coverage. It took many hour of PP to get these results. I now have a SunPack 383 for next time.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:37 AM   #7

genece wrote:
Quote:
Pretty nice Lovelife!
Thanks Gene and thanks for your kind words about my product.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 9:36 PM   #8

those are some very good shots lovelife...whats th name of the quintet...they remind me of the jazz crusaders ..the trombone and saxaphone make a unique sound when played in unison..you captured their essence ...you can see them puting every last bit of mojo in to the set...what were your camerea settings..if i may ask..the satellite eadio sounds promising ..i drove most of the day in the desert..north of mojave ...i have an mp3 player that uses the cassette adapter..so i set the mood to the music ..90mph+ listening to straight life by fredie hubbard ...with some herbie mann ..to the tune of it anit nessarryly so...cuse my spelling ..i'm 55 years so youve had the chance to see a little ..no a lot more then me of the great jazzz giants ..BTW I FORGOT THEto take the fz so i missed some great shots has usual...
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:18 PM   #9

jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
those are some very good shots lovelife...whats th name of the quintet...they remind me of the jazz crusaders ..the trombone and saxaphone make a unique sound when played in unison..you captured their essence ...you can see them puting every last bit of mojo in to the set...what were your camerea settings..if i may ask..the satellite eadio sounds promising ..i drove most of the day in the desert..north of mojave ...i have an mp3 player that uses the cassette adapter..so i set the mood to the music ..90mph+ listening to straight life by fredie hubbard ...with some herbie mann ..to the tune of it anit nessarryly so...cuse my spelling ..i'm 55 years so youve had the chance to see a little ..no a lot more then me of the great jazzz giants ..BTW I FORGOT THEto take the fz so i missed some great shots has usual...

The group is octet and called Papo Vazquez Pirates Troubadors they are more on the Latin jazz kick not bad but not The Crusaders. We are so much alike it is frightening. I have a 1990 modified 240sx and the only foot position I love is on the floor boards. I have been around musically and physically. My Favorite run is Vegas to Scottty's Castle in Death Valley. I think Straight Life is number two. My numner one Hubbert album is Red Clay. That number plays for 25 minutes and is worth 100mph.

They were done with an FZ 10 and 30. The lighting conditions were so bad and I worked on them so much that many shots lost the exif. Here is what I have. The one thing I know is never bring a FZ30 to do a FZ10's job. I identified the camera by picture size and file numbers.

1-FZ10 lost exif , 2-Fz10 lost exif, 3-FZ30 lost exif, 4-FZ30 lost exif

5- FZ10 Aperture: f/2.8 ISO: 400 Focal Length: 47.1mm (283mm 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.0333s (10/300) JPEG Quality: fine Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode Exposure Program: Manual Exposure Bias: 0

6- FZ10 Aperture: f/2.8 ISO: 400 Focal Length: 53.5mm (322mm 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.04s (10/250) JPEG Quality: fine Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode Exposure Program: Aperture priority Exposure Bias: -0.66

7- FZ10 Lost exif