Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:29 PM   #11

Best place is subjective...

Caveat emptor.

www.resellerratings.com

FYI ,beach camera = buydig.com

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:13 PM   #12

As digcamfan stated, beware...

The reseller rating reflects average store rates 6.95 out of 10; Wisetronics' Lifetime rating is 1.25 w/14 reviews at http://www.resellerratings.com/seller10721.html

If they want to sell it for $418; look out for the shipping & Handling charges to more than make up for the low price if it doesn't suddenly go out of stock and on backorder...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:33 PM   #13

i agree with everyone who has replied to this thread...but i think digcamfan said it best...'Buyer Beware'...i'd rather spend a little more from a place that has always shown me they are repuable...

in my case, since i live in California and buy alot of PC components from them, i use B&H for my camera gear...reason being in this case, B&H charged me $559 for the Black or Silver Body, New Egg charges more for the Black Body($579)...plus, if i buy from outside California, i don't pay tax and NewEgg is Cali based...so i saved <$40, and i only took one extra day for shipping...
roy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:12 PM   #14

I just bought an FZ30 at www.buydig.com. They have a tremendous rating as an online retailer, and their prices are great. They sell accessory kits at a modest premium, but don't push them on you. I've bought 3 cameras there and always had a good experience, we'll see with this latest purchase. Price for the FZ30K - $518.
atkins400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:57 PM   #15

I also bought mine from Buydig.com. At the time it was $539, free shipping, no tax. Arrived in 3 days or so. Watch out for some places where the price seems too low to believe. They advertise a low price. When you order on-line with a credit card they call you the next day to "confirm" your order, but in reality they call to hardsell you on some overpriced junkie accessories (such as the "Crystal Optics Titanium" wide angle and teleconverters, "only $199 instead of $499", 128 MB cards for "only $89.99" and such nonsense). They push really hard with their New York accents, like hardcore telemarketers. And if you don't want any of the overpriced junk, they realize that the camera is suddenly out of stock and backordered for the next 16 weeks or so. Stay away from those places. Buydig and newegg (from my experience) are legitimately low priced and sell their accessories at reasonable prices too.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:16 PM   #16
7zs

Thanks for all the replies.I'll let you know where I buy it And how it goes ,Also how I like it when I get it.
7zs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:51 PM   #17

TWO thumbs up for Beach Camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were GREAT. I called Tuesday around 6-7pm EST and I was SHOCKED they shipped it out the same night. (Panasonic DMC-FZ30)I received the camera 3 days later (Today, Friday the 13th....I live in Florida. ) Items werePacked very well. I cant say enough about them. After reading all the HORROR stories about camera shops, I was on pins and needles till the camera came in. John (I'm pretty sure that was his name.) was very helpful and a great guy to deal with.
Cwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:00 PM   #18

Beachcamera and newdigg are okay if you don't have problems. i know peeps who ordered from there, no problems, so no customer service to worry about, but guess what? CHeck out their return exchange policy and a few of the horror stories on resellerratings. If you want to take the chance on not having problems, you should be fine, otherwise, if your camera is defective and you want to exchange for the like camera, check out their policy....10% restocking fee no matter what!!!!!

I bought mine from amazon.com on sale for $544! well worth the few extra dollars especially since I paid for 2 day shipping...this is the best part and i guarantee no one will get customer service like this at beachcamera....it didn't ship in time for friday delivery so not only did they refund my shipping charges, they gave me a $15 gift certificate!

gunrock
gunrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 9:59 PM   #19

Definitely stay away from Wisetronics! They are famous for their disreputable business practices.

I got just got my FZ30 from Butterfly Photo for $518. Had to endure the callback to see if I wanted additional items, but it was very low key. No pressure to buy anything, just a quiet attempt to see they could sell me anything else (no worse than the sales pitch you get when purchasing from a local brick-and-motar store.

They DID call back a 2nd time with a REAL problem with my credit card (the bank had flagged the account, because of an address change, of all things). They were very helpful about it and after I straightened things out with the bank, resubmitted my credit card info and got it approved. This was just before 7pm Eastern Time (where Butterfly is located) on Wednesday. They made a special effort to get my order out the door that night, anyway. I had the box, in my hands, at noon on Friday.

Other than a few minutes listening to offers, it was a perfect experience for me.
pjclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:11 PM   #20

gunrock wrote:
Quote:
I bought mine from amazon.com on sale for $544! well worth the few extra dollars especially since I paid for 2 day shipping...this is the best part and i guarantee no one will get customer service like this at beachcamera....it didn't ship in time for friday delivery so not only did they refund my shipping charges, they gave me a $15 gift certificate!

gunrock
I also got mine at Amazon for $544. It was a few dollars more than other places, but I felt it was worth the confidance that Amazon would still be in business tomorrow.
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote