Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2006, 8:48 PM   #1

Decided Friday's nice weather was too nice to pass up going to Silverwood Lake where theres been a number of Bald Eagles that winter over. The weather was forecasted for a storm to come in Saturday so I opted to take a vacation day and took the 45-minute drive to the Lake.

I thought that I spied a BE far, far away and possibly over Lake Arrowhead but that's 5-6 miles and I wasn't interested in the 20-mile drive over the winding switchbacks so I prowled the extension of Lake Silverwood where I've seen a nesting pair in previous years.

Since I haven't learned how to post multiple photos in one post (any guidance as to how to accomplish this?), I'll post a couple of replies.

This first photo shows one of the finger extensions from the main lake (formed by a dam for water resources and thirsty residents in SoCal)...
Attached Images

Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2006, 8:52 PM   #2

There was a bad fire a year or so ago but there are still a number of good, tall BE perches. I kept scanning them with a new pair of 12X - 36X 70mm binoculars I just purchased but, except for the distant maybe, not a bird in the sky!?!

Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2006, 8:55 PM   #3

Since I was getting skunked, without even seeing or smelling either, I decided to practice with the FZ5 at the Miller Creek area. Problematic lighting as there was a lot of shade and bright light but I enjoyed the day off and had fun practicing how to get better photos. Just got my ordered PSE4 in Friday so now have to decide whether to take photos or learnhow toPP :O
Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2006, 8:58 PM   #4

Aha, one can get flowing water to look like its moving
Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2006, 8:59 PM   #5

And, finally...
Attached Images