Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:00 PM   #1

Hi,

Just new to the world of panasonic digital cameras. I have the FZ5 for about 4 weeks now and i am very happy with it.

Recently I made pictures in a dark place and saw bright spots on some of the pictures. Does anybody has the same experience ?

I included two of the pictures and outlined the bright spot with a red square. Can someone tell me if this is normal or not ?

Thanks,

Attached Images

vdbjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:00 PM   #2

The second picture

Attached Images

Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:08 PM   #3

Looks like you have either a very tiny speck of something on your lens or your getting some reflection from an add-on lens, such as MC or ND. ? Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:15 PM   #4

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

I donĂ½ know exactly what you mean with MC or ND, but I am not using an add-on lens, so that can't be the problem.

I also checked my lens but there isn't anything on, it seems perfectly clear.

What exactly do you mean with 'very tiny speck'. ?

John

Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:31 PM   #5

The MC, (Multi-coated), protector is a transparent filter used to protect the lens. The ND, (Neutral density), filter is also used to protect the lens and it reduces the amount of light entering the lens by a slight amount. If you have nothing attached to the from of the lens then that would rule out add-ons. A tiny speck of dust or dirt or splashed liquid which may be hard to see could cause the white spot also. Have you tried to wipe the lens? Jim
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:37 PM   #6

Looking more closely at the picture I noticed what appears to be another "reflection" which I've outlined in green. It almost appears like you were shooting thru a glass window which would account for the light areas? Jim
Attached Images

Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:40 PM   #7

In the second picture there is a large light spot, outlined in green. This appears to be something on the lens, or a reflection!?
Attached Images

Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:44 PM   #8

I also noticed this reflection, it think it is caused by a lamp which is just visible on top ofthe picture. The picture however was not made through glass. It was an open area with only glass doors in the back.

The reflections I see on my pictures only seem to appear in dark areas and are on random locations.

I did wipe the lens, but does dust or something else on the lens explain the random locations ?

Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:49 PM   #9

Yes dust, which can easily move around while clinging to the lens would account for the random locations as would reflections ! If a lamp caused the reflection in the first picture take a look at the second picture, there is a bright spot on the ball and a bright lamp (?) just above the larger spot that I outlined, they may be causing the reflections, lens flare or spots ? Jim
Old Jan 16, 2006, 3:47 AM   #10

As a mather of fact, I also have pictures without lamps, but I still havea bright spot.

Hasthis problem something to do with the camera, and if so, should I be going back to the store and try to get a new camera ?