Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:21 PM   #1

Tonight I've been to a fabulous concert. And of course I couldn't let my camera stay at home. So I tried it for the first time in a very dim lit place, where no flash was desired.

After taking some too much reddish pictures I set the camera to bulb white balance and, yes I did change to ISO 400, for the sake of getting the pictures at least sharp, even though it would make them noisy. As a result I've got some nice shots from a distance of about 15 to 20 meters (a guess). I also used the tilting possibility of that display for the first time. It's really great to have that, when you've got to raise the camera high above the heads of the people in front of you. In fact, that was sometimes the only possibility to see anything myself, just like beeing in a submarine and using the periscope :lol:

Alright head for the pictures: http://leberwurstsaft.zoto.com/galleries/annamateur

They make Jazz, Chanson, Cabaret, whatever. Anyway, it's great fun to see and hear them. The best guitarists I know, and I know lots of them
And Anna is the best vocalist in the city. She is very famous here.

Oh, and please see the originals for the two collages I made. The little "preview thingie" shows nothing
Does anyone know, how to make an own template für zoto.com galleries? I don't truly like any of them.
Leberwurstsaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:35 PM   #2

sounds like your improvised alot here to get the shots you wanted, nice one. as a side note, did security not mind someone taking in such a bulky camera as a fz30? would be a worry of mine going to a concert
audioedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:12 PM   #3

audioedge wrote:
Quote:
sounds like your improvised alot here to get the shots you wanted, nice one. as a side note, did security not mind someone taking in such a bulky camera as a fz30? would be a worry of mine going to a concert
First things first: thank you
And no, there was no extra security besides the man, who took the money at the entrance, and the owner of the bar. There was another person, with an even bigger camera (Nikon if I remember correctly) who took lots of pictures. I guess he was from the newspapers. Besides, I think that some of the shorter girls standing behind or next to me liked that they could have a glimpse on the camera display, because otherwise they had no good chance to see the performance.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 8:01 AM   #4

ah sounds like quite a intimate local gig, maybe you should have gotten there earlier to get near the front...

for a big stadium style gig I would still be worried taking in a bigger camera, heres a shot from when I went to see Oasis at Man City FC last summer... I was about 150-200m from the stage (didnt want to get much closer would have got squashed)... This shot is taken on a Sony Cybershot U20, a 2mp tiny camera...

Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:03 AM   #5

audioedge wrote:
Quote:
ah sounds like quite a intimate local gig, maybe you should have gotten there earlier to get near the front...

for a big stadium style gig I would still be worried taking in a bigger camera, heres a shot from when I went to see Oasis at Man City FC last summer... I was about 150-200m from the stage (didnt want to get much closer would have got squashed)... This shot is taken on a Sony Cybershot U20, a 2mp tiny camera...
Yes indeed, I should've been there way earlier. I even had to wait outside for about half an hour, uncertain whether they would let us in or not. But in the end they took my hint of taking away half of the chairs and rather let the people stand close together.

And yes, you're right. In such big concerts I wouldn't like to take in a camera that big. Not only taht they wouldn't let you unless you're a press guy, but also I would be scared that it could get somehow damaged in a crowd like that.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:27 AM   #6

hehe sounds like you had more common sense than the club owners

yep i was worried about taking my decent camera to that gig, i guess if i was to go to another gig or festival id be on the lookout for a nice pocketable camera with a decent zoom