Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:56 PM   #1

I am thinking of giving my FZ20 to my wife and getting an FZ30.

Or... should I wait for the FZ40 to come out?

But... Then again, I could just get the 30.

Then... When the 40 comes out, I could give the 30 to my wife, she can give the 20 to one of the kids, and I can get the 40.

I have 3 kids, and a grand daughter. So I can go all te way up to the 70...:?

Let me know what you think.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:12 PM   #2

Bob,

Ijust went through the same thing, see my previous post regarding speculation on the FZ40. In the end, I got myself the 30, and man am I pleased. I feel it handles so much better than the 20, with the larger grip, manual zoom, control dials for aperture and shutter, and the higher resolution lcd makes manual focus SO MUCH EASIER on my deteriorating eyesight. That was primarily my biggest gripe with the 20. Incidentally, I think the auto focus on the 30 is much better than on the 20, and the extra resolution doesn't hurt either. I was so in love with my 20 except for the manual focus, but the 30 solved EVERYTHING, at least for me, and I have no need or desire to consider anything more advanced as it comes along. Will I be jealous if Panny solves the noise/high ISOissues...a little. But I find neat image and photoshop elements gives me more than adequate results, 90% of the time. Just my 2 cents.

John
atkins400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:31 AM   #3

Bobc, go for it in a heartbeat!

(I got mine last Friday after selling an FZ20 shortly after purchase if that tells you anything!).

Win - Win - Win!

1. You are in "good graces" with your spouse

2. You have an awesome camera!

3. You now have 8 MP
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 6:51 PM   #4

Thank you both,

I am waiting for some money to come my way, and will pick it up then. I will post my first pics here.

Thanks...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:12 AM   #5

You already know my slant on this. Get the 30! If and when the 40 comes along and it makes you twitch, do the shuffle all over again. Someone gets the 20, someone gets the 30 and you get the 40. Somewhere in there the guy who gets the 20 should pay you enough to offset the cost of the 40. Everyones happy!

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote