Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 21, 2006, 11:01 AM   #11

You are most welcome. Do note the trigger flash voltage for these flashes. Some old models have high trigger flash and it may damage the camera. I am not sure how to check, but these were some info I managed to find out while searching abt the FZ flashes. May want to do some search on that first to get more info.

rgds

CY

wadge1 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks tchuanye for the info.

I have been out today taking a few shots but nothing much good came from it, but it early days yet .

Have been looking for a flash on ebay and seen a few Vivitar flashes which they say are good powerful flashes so if they go for the right price i might slap a bid on.

and a couple of FZ20 users say they use them and work fine. I guess its like everything Trial and error.

I am still searching for Nikon 6t have seen it on Amazon for £70 which sounds pretty good to me. I hear its a much stronger Macro lens then the Mcon 35.

so the search continues

many thanks

mark

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 3:47 PM   #12

Hi Tchuanye,

Wat flash method do you use? I suppose you don't aim the flash directly? Do you use somethin to reflect the flash?

xedrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 7:03 PM   #13

Superb, fascinating images as always, Tchuanye -- such a pleasure to see them.*
DougG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 1:14 AM   #14

Thanks dougG.

xedrox, as mentioned in dpreview, I use flash whether in daylight, or whatever so as to fill in the shadows. Also, due to the small apeture, light is less so flash is essentially needed.
As far as possible, try to avoid direct flash...thats applicable for macros and even for other photography. Try to diffuse it by using a omnibounce or bounce it off something. I use a white cardboard strap to it to bounce the flash off. So usually, flash is pointed upwards, and the card reflects the flash to the subject.
I have posted my setup b4, but here it is again:

xedrox wrote:
Quote:
Hi Tchuanye,

Wat flash method do you use? I suppose you don't aim the flash directly? Do you use somethin to reflect the flash?

Old Jan 22, 2006, 9:31 AM   #15

Thanks, i'm gona make myself such a reflector also...
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:44 AM   #16

Thanks for the photo of your flash reflector.

Stan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:53 AM   #17

You are welcomed. Its cheap and easy to do. I reinforced it with another card board in the middle to stiffen it and tape the edges so that it will not flair.....so far lasted me for more than a year....
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:09 PM   #18

I just remember that with myb slave flash i also need to build some kind of diffuser for the build-in flash of the FZ5. The slave flash needs to be triggered bij that onboard flash....

Anybody ideas on this?