Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:47 PM   #1

after all those shots of dreary, dismal, damp and dark, i decided i needed something to brighten things up a bit, so i went to a nursery in a small town not far from where i live, and got some pics of the stuff they're getting ready for spring...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2006, 12:16 AM   #2
Super Moderator

that 2nd shot is fabulous squirrel!! what a great composition, superb colors and good dof..

what pany do you shoot?

as you may knonw from comments and critiques, i usually shoot canon dlsrs.. but am in the market for a lx1 probably to be my carry-all.. unless the diminutive proportions of the fx9 seduce me.. i want the lx1, but i think i may carry the fx9 more.. tough decision..

-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 12:41 AM   #3

hey, Dustin, welcome to the Panny board! i shoot mostly an FZ20, though i have a little LC43 as a back-up/shirt pocket camera. these - like almost every shot i've posted on these boards - were shot with my FZ20. it's no longer the top of the line, but it still gets the job done...

thanks for the kind words,

Rocky
Old Jan 16, 2006, 5:58 AM   #4

Rocky,

As usual- inspirational. I have had a few words with my FZ20 and made it look at your postings - those colours!

Do wonder why some photos have Exif information and others don't

Fred
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:05 AM   #5

Bootneck2 wrote:
Quote:
Do wonder why some photos have Exif information and others don't
Fred, noise reduction software usually removes EXIF info. i often run pics through neat image if they were taken in low light, as these were...

Old Jan 16, 2006, 10:49 AM   #6

squirl033, what setings did you use for the camera when taking those shots?

also, did you use any software afterwards?

p.s. how does one attach more than 1 photo in a post?
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 11:51 AM   #7

zygh wrote:
Quote:
squirl033, what setings did you use for the camera when taking those shots?

also, did you use any software afterwards?

p.s. how does one attach more than 1 photo in a post?
Zygh, these were shot in macro mode, auto exposure. for the most part, i was getting shutter speeds between 1//30 and 1/80 at f2.9-f4. i mostly use auto ISO, but these were all at ISO 80, i believe.

i did run them through NeatImage, which i do with most of my low-light shots, because i find that even at low ISO numbers, the FZ20 produces some noise in the shadows. other than that, a touch of resharpening and resizing, there was no PP done.

to attach multiple photos, you need to upload your pics to one of those photo sharing sites. i use Photobucket.com, it's free and offers decent storage. most of all, it's easy to use, and the links are simple to copy. once you have your pics uploaded, you can click on the little symbol with the 3 little colored balls (in the toolbar on top of this page), that opens a window with an address bar. copy the URL address assigned to your photo on the web hosting site,and paste it in this address bar. you can repeat this for multiple photos to show several images in one post...

Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:13 PM   #8

These are all fabulous - certainly superior toall of my FZ30 macros. I ended up ordering the full version of Neat Image because I wanted the plug-in for Photoshop, and also printed the whole users guide, and that will leave the Exif data attached to the file. I've been getting better results now that I understand the program a bit more (still haven't figured all of it out yet) and don't have to save the file as often.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote