Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:28 PM   #11

Well put LadyHawk! Out of all the people that post pictures here Zygh, your the only one who has ever complained ! That should tell you something ! Without being "rude" of course! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:31 PM   #12

Like your shots Raghu! They are pretty neat! Jim
Old Jan 18, 2006, 8:11 PM   #13

I just thought that the forums are supposed to be used for what it is written they should be used, thats all. Like, for instance, the Photos section where it says clear as daylight "post your photos here". :idea:

I guess that means almost nothing to you, hawklady and tiger.

And, I agree that snapshots can and should be posted in forums like Panasonic but only to serve technical discussions and examples and NOT for people to rave about or smth like that.

Anyway, it's clear that I have this all wrong and you guys are right :? Cheers and fuzzy logiks to y'all!

p.s. The snapshots are cool. Too bad they're in the wrong forum. :!:
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:33 PM   #14

Zygh, Maybe your in the wrong forum !!!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:06 PM   #15

In proper perspective, I feel Zygh is right in expressing his opinion (which is correct too) that photos should be posted in "post your photos here" forum.

However, it is also a fact that we have got addicted to this forum because it is so freewheeling, accommodative and fascinating all at the same time. Zygh, you may also note that for learners like me who started photography with the help of this forum, we get "technical" and "professional" advice as well as criticism only when we post here. I am sure this holds true for many members here, particularly newcomers who want their photographs and skills appreciated and commented by other members. They deserve encouragement. Not only that, this same issue of posting has already been raised quite a few times, but we still continue the same way. That explains how members want this forum to be.

As we mature, we individual members may ourselves slowly move out of this forum as far as posting is concerned and may visit here only for Pana-related issues. If you observe, that is already happening.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:49 PM   #16

Firstly Raghu, am delighted to look at your postings. Really imaginative.

On the photo posting discussion I agree that Ladsyhawk has expressed the opinion of surely most of the members.

I have only been on the Forum since November 05 but avidly follow it everyday for both the discussions and the photos. I would not follow the Forum if it was not purely Panasonic. Imagine not having direct linkage to Tiger, Squirl, Raghu and all you others.

I directed a friend to Steve's Forums after showing him the Panasonic digital forum and he opened the Canon DSLR forum as he uses a 350D (RebelXT). His respnse was that it wasn't very good as there were no photos and no squirl.

Fred
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote