Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 19, 2006, 5:21 PM   #1

I would like to find a camera case for my FZ30 which is similar to the one Panasonic has available for the FZ20. Panasonic does not make one like that for the FZ30. I am not looking for a gadget bag, just a good case for the camera only. Surely somebody else out there has run into the same problem and has a solution.
Geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2006, 5:34 PM   #2

I bought a camera bag from vanguard ( bolero) , it fits the fz30 very well ,( even with the sunprotector, and it's cheap. :idea:
blue wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 6:20 PM   #3

Lowe Pro Nova 1.

It will fit...your FZ30, two lens, external flash and a power bar (to eat ).

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 1:51 AM   #4

Lowepro just got it (topload zoom) Nice Bag that can accomidate extra film, and is waterproof of course, and extras...
markstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:20 AM   #5

Markstr...what name or model # of LowePro?...
roy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:26 AM   #6

roy123 wrote:
Quote:
Markstr...what name or model # of LowePro?...
I'd also go for one of the Nova models, I think mine is the mini AW. It fits my FZ10 + charger + spare batt and SD card + cables + minitripod + filter. It may sound weird, but that happens to be what I need to carry. The Nova also has this sort of protective fabric against rain.

Notice that I said "FZ10". :roll:
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:27 PM   #7

Hey guys, This is all nice information but I would like you to get back on topic. I am looking for a best fit case for the FZ30 camera only, i.e, the smaller the better. I already have a gadget bag but am looking for a nice case to protect the camera when I only want to take the camera with me.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:34 PM   #8

Hi Geejay,

Panasonic does make a case for the FZ30. I recently bought the one featured in the link below

http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/invt/pspfz30k

It's very nice and has a small internal pocket for a spare battery and spare SD card. Not sure where you're based, but I would imagine this is widely available.

best wishes

Matt
matt_xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:41 PM   #9

Thanks Matt, This is exactly what I am looking for. I am in Canada and was told by my dealer that Panasonic has no such case available for the FZ30. Now that I have a product numer (PSPFZ30K) I will try to search it out here. If not, I guess I'll try to get one shipped from the UK. Thanks again,aren't these forums great!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:16 PM   #10

There is a tight fitting leather Olympus case that it will fit into but it doesn't have much padding from knocks. I bought a $25 Promaster belt or shoulder strap top loader sort of like Lowe's, but half the price and easier to get the camera out of. I found it in a local camera store in Gainesville, FL. It does have more padding plus a pocket for spare batteries and SD cards.
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote