Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 23, 2006, 4:36 PM   #11

Hey you people what about my pictures?????

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 4:38 PM   #12

Last week when walking out of a grocery store I noticed a little old lady walking ahead of me who was pushing a grocery cart and appeared to be talking to herself. My first thought was "poor thing, must be going senile...hearing imaginary voices and having a conversation with them". When I passed her I saw she as wearing a cellular wireless headset and my perception of the situation shifted to "oh, she must be talking to someone on a phone that I couldn't see". I filed this bit of information away for future reference. If I get old, start hearing imaginary voices, and talking to them...I'm getting a wireless headset real quick and wear it all the time so the conversations appear normal. :G
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:12 PM   #13

Oh, your wonderful photos? They are great! They certainly reflect today's society, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten off topic in the first place. Did you stick around long enough to see if the woman in your latestphoto managed to keep her top on?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:33 PM   #14

eewwww!...:shock:
roy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:56 PM   #15

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Oh, your wonderful photos? They are great! They certainly reflect today's society, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten off topic in the first place. Did you stick around long enough to see if the woman in your latestphoto managed to keep her top on?
Her husband came over and snapped her out of her oblivious state.

Old Jan 24, 2006, 8:10 AM   #16

Your photos rock!
I like the 2nd picture in your threa-starting post the most. I would really like to see the original size. She looks like a mixture of some famous actresses. Who is she? :?
Leberwurstsaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 8:36 AM   #17

LoveLife:

I did not mean to overlook your photos. I think the lively discussion generated by your series testifies to the fact that your photos really struck a chord with many of us. That response was an implicit recognition of the quality of your documentary work. Direct statements re: the photos may not always be required.

Nevertheless, I think you've done a great job of capturing a variety of people in diverse circumstances who share this weird connection via their apparent addiction to their cell phones. Great series.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:07 AM   #18

Leberwurstsaft wrote:
Quote:
Your photos rock!
I like the 2nd picture in your threa-starting post the most. I would really like to see the original size. She looks like a mixture of some famous actresses. Who is she? :?
Quote:
I am confused by your request for the original shot that is the original shot. I do have this cropped version

Maybe you can recognize her from this angle. (Joke)

She is a very sensuous Russian teenager photographed in Brighton Beach NY
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:20 AM   #19

LadyhawkVA wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife:

I did not mean to overlook your photos. I think the lively discussion generated by your series testifies to the fact that your photos really struck a chord with many of us. That response was an implicit recognition of the quality of your documentary work. Direct statements re: the photos may not always be required.

Nevertheless, I think you've done a great job of capturing a variety of people in diverse circumstances who share this weird connection via their apparent addiction to their cell phones. Great series.
Oh my, that comment was not directed towards you and was meant in jest. The series certainly has spawned comments. Thank you for the complement I have been working on this series for two years now it is a work in progress.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:07 PM   #20

LoveLife wrote
Quote:
Quote:
I am confused by your request for the original shot that is the original shot. I do have this cropped version

Maybe you can recognize her from this angle. (Joke)

She is a very sensuous Russian teenager photographed in Brighton Beach NY
Thank you very much, I thought it might have been a downsized picture.
I'm blown away. She looks stunning!
Leberwurstsaft is offline   Reply With Quote