Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 22, 2006, 4:09 PM   #1

Hi-newbie here-just got an FZ30, but am veteran of FZ1 and 10. I really like the new features-have read through the manual, but don't see any help for this problem. When I push the little button for burst mode while in Program or Auto modes, it goes on OK and can toggle. Then I turn the camera off and when I turn it back on, the button no longer works and I'm stuck with burst mode unless I reset everything on the camera. Now that's a pain. Gotta be a better way. What am I missing here-something obvious? (Probably).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

C J Crawford
fzfuzzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:15 PM   #2

I guess you figured that is not the way its suppose to work..I just tried about everything I can think of and I can not duplicate that problem.

Maybe someone will figure it out.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:35 PM   #3

AHA! Just figured it out! I was looking at an icon that looks like the burst icon, but it's the indicator for auto bracketing- 3 little overlapping windows. Apparently this camera saves your setting and repeats it- the FZ10 did not. And if you have auto-bracket on, you can't access burst mode. The clue was they appear in different places-and look different too, but not enough different to recognize immediately.*Well, onward. Thanks for trying it out, Genece.CJCHi-newbie here-just got an FZ30, but am veteran of FZ1 and 10. I really like the new features-have read through the manual, but don't see any help for this problem. When I push the little button for burst mode while in Program or Auto modes, it goes on OK and can toggle. Then I turn the camera off and when I turn it back on, the button no longer works and I'm stuck with burst mode unless I reset everything on the camera. Now that's a pain. Gotta be a better way.* What am I missing here-something obvious? (Probably). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Regards,C J CrawfordgeneceMember[img]/forums/images/avatars/8917.gif[/img]Joined:*Fri Jun 27th, 2003Location:*Western Pa., Pennsylvania USAPosts:*895Posted: Sun Jan 22nd, 2006 08:15 pmI guess you figured that is not the way its suppose to work..I just tried about everything I can think of and I can not duplicate that problem.Maybe someone will figure it out.
fzfuzzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote