Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:29 PM   #11

I just ran a test to get a feel of the speed of capture, non scientific, just taking photos of a clock.* @ 8mp low compression in manual focus on an ulta 2 card it takes 1.5 seconds to capture a frame, about 1 second at high compression and on infinate burst, about 0.5 seconds (9 frames in 5 seconds).* there can be no doubt that if speed of capture is a major requirement then SLR is the only way to go.* the compromise of shutter lag and noise in a compact is not having to carry around $2000+ of extra lenses.* a simple choice
Nicco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:50 PM   #12

Yes! I also would like to know of a good neckstrap for my FZ30!

I seen ones from the likes of tamerac, but they seemed cheaply made...
hitmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 1:29 PM   #13

The neckstrap I bought is an "Optex Deluxe Neoprene" but they don't seem to be too common in the US.(I did find a few internet links in Canada oddly though).

This is a link (UK site) that shows they type I have and I am pleased with it. It's not very expensive but is good quality and extremely comfy.

http://www.sherwoods-photo.com/periph_media/bag_it.htm

Can't comment on the Lowepro or Tamrac but they "look" similar. Perhaps someone else on the site has one can offer some personal feedback.

suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 2:35 PM   #14

For those interested in a nice camera strap, I highly recommend the OP/Tech brand. They make several different types of which I happen to use the Super Classic Pro Loop but you may like another style.

OP/Tech web site:http://www.optechusa.com/

eBay listings of OP/Tech products: here

Dick
http://rschofield.smugmug.com/

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 6:36 PM   #15

I just ordered one of those Op/Tech Pro Loop neck straps from ebay... I'll make sure to give my review...

The same goes with the FZ30 in general... this camera is daunting, but I love it!!!

I know I have no excuse about finding subject matter but I really haven't had the chance to take any really good pictures... certainly nothing special enough to show on the forum just yet...

I can't wait until spring... I love landscape photography!

nigel
hitmanx is offline   Reply With Quote