Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:19 PM   #1

I receive my FZ-30 on the 18th with two lens from Beach Camera. The lens are both Digital Optics. One is a 0.5X wide angle being two lens screwed together. The bottom half has Macro written on it. Am I supposed to use them separate or together. There was no info in the box. Or does it matter?

I tried the 2x t-con at full zoom and was not able to focus, but could at about 300 on the FZ-30 lens. Is this about normal?

I have taken a few decent shots of the bayou behind my home, but have not yet been able to attach. Not sure how. I tried to add one but it said file was to large. I do not yet know how to make an image smaller to e-mail or add to the forum. I hope to learn soon, so I can get a few pointers.

Any info on the lens would greatly be appreciated. They were a package price for $169. Hope I didn't waste my dime on them.

Thanks

Bayourebel
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:28 PM   #2

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Any info on the lens would greatly be appreciated. They were a package price for $169. Hope I didn't waste my dime on them.
Unfortunately you wasted a good bit more than a dime. Probably much closer to $169.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:37 PM   #3

That what I was afraid of. Hope it not the same for the camera.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 12:45 AM   #4

I tried the 2x again on a tripod tonite. What I found was that in automatic, which was what I was using, auto-focus seemed to be searching and not able to settle when at full zoom. I switched to manual focus, and was able to get a few decent shots at about 11 1/2 feet. The tripod was a definite help.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:00 AM   #5

I bought the same pair for my Fz5 on Ebay for $69 when I got my camera last year. I haven't put them on the camera since; they are worthless. Sorry for the bad news...
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote