Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 31, 2006, 3:00 PM   #11

I wrote a rather long-winded version of that tale a while back.

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2005/02...photo_1/1.html
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:47 AM   #12

I went through reseller rating as well and bought my FZ5 through IBUYDIGITAL. I had a very good experience with them. Just read the resellerratings reviews and I don't buy from someone that does not have a lot of reviews.
scottdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:25 PM   #13

I had a relatively painless experience with prestigecamera.com, which is also located in Brooklyn. I ordered a Fuji F11 from them as my second camera (my first one is the Panasonic FZ30), which is only available as an import and hard to find in the US. They had a really good price on it. And while I needed to call in to "confirm" my order, and they did try to sell me an extra battery (which is something really needed for any camera, but I had already ordered one somewhere else), they did not push anything on me and shipped out the camera within 24 hours. I can definitely recommend them as being different from the pack of low-lit boilerrooms in Brooklyn.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:38 AM   #14

Thanks for all the great replys and suggestions, I think I am probably going to go with B&H or possible circuit city (if they have a reasonable price) for the free interest period ontheir credit card.

Glad I checked here first before deling with them, thank again for all the suggestions.:-)
yar1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 12:18 PM   #15

Have Circuit City honor their price match guarantee.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote