Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 26, 2006, 6:59 PM   #11

Just one point to make, when you uploaded the picture, the quality has been reduced dramatically, the size of the JPG is only 12k, you could have uploaded a better quality version (+100k) and I expect the pixelisation would be greatly reduced.

It does also appear to be out of focus. Personally I prefer to use manual focus on the moon.

Chris
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:25 PM   #12

Seedubs wrote:
Quote:
Just one point to make, when you uploaded the picture, the quality has been reduced dramatically, the size of the JPG is only 12k, you could have uploaded a better quality version (+100k) and I expect the pixelisation would be greatly reduced.

It does also appear to be out of focus. Personally I prefer to use manual focus on the moon.

Chris
It does look like some kind of compression or artifacts from somthing, but its like that straight out of the camera. I am very aware of thatuploading could cause pixelation, Ive tried to state that several times I did say it softened it a bit and blurred the pixelation which actually made the pixelation better. I dont have any place I can store the entire image so I removed the moonfrom the rest of the image without resizing which made it less pixels but the same diameter moon and less sky. But it did affect the image hotlinking it from image shack. It made it softer.

Its actually worse off my hard drive and made it a point of not resaving any originals. I still have them on my card and tried saving them using different software to a different folder. It didnt make a difference.

Im sure its out of focus I tried manual and the angle it was on the tripod I just couldnt get it. But its been explained to me that I could have prefocused and then put it on the tripod.

Its the pixels that bother me.
mnosbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:34 PM   #13

Here is the photo and you can go to this link and view it full size if you wish..

It is just a bit out of focus and I see nothing else wrong

http://imageevent.com/grc6/toshareon...mp;s=0&z=2

here is a crop and you can view it full size at the same page.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote