Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:38 AM   #11
Baz

Have a look at the 'Possible Contest' thread in the "General Q & A" forum, where eric s suggests the Picture.com is a scam. Thats all I know..
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:15 AM   #12

boy, you guys sure know how to take the wind out of a guy's sails! style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"still, better to find out before i shell out any money for their book... oh well, it was a nice thought while it lasted...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:36 AM   #13
Baz

I'm sorry Squirl, that was not my intention. I was just passing on the information from eric s.

Nevertheless, it does not detract from the excellent quality of your photo.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:37 AM   #14

No one on this forum would be suprised at your nomination.

Whether Picture.com is a scam or not, you always win our hearts and minds with your postings and you are the winner

Fred
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:38 AM   #15

Congratulations Squirl, Hope you take the big prize! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:40 AM   #16

i know, Baz... and believe me, offense taken! i was just reading a thread about these guys on BetterPhoto.com, and apparently there are hundreds of people who've had the same experience with them. i guess i'll just save the money for my next photo trip! i do feel a bit like a guppy, though... swallowed their story hook, line and sinker! good thing you guys alerted me before i sent them any money!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 3:14 AM   #17

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations Squirl, Hope you take the big prize! Jim
Of cource he will get it Congratulations for you success.
sunstorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 7:23 AM   #18

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
i know, Baz... and believe me, offense taken! i was just reading a thread about these guys on BetterPhoto.com, and apparently there are hundreds of people who've had the same experience with them. i guess i'll just save the money for my next photo trip! i do feel a bit like a guppy, though... swallowed their story hook, line and sinker! good thing you guys alerted me before i sent them any money!
A pox on the bas****s! Never mind. It is a worthy consideration...we who congratulated you didn't just fall off the turnip truck, that's a real beauty. In fact we ought to pool together and collect our own photos from Panasonic members, each submit one and split the publishing cost, and proudly show it to the world...best regards,

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 1:55 AM   #19

about 2 years ago i submitted a photo to picture.com and about 2 years ago, i got a letter in the mail about my photo and how it's going to be published in a book called "endless journeys". this book never happened. this site is a scam. please don't get suckered in by it. i woke up in time before i sent any money. and they have been continuosly sending me emails saying i won the publisher's best photograph pin and that i have to get my butt to the USA (i live in australia) to accept the grand prize. i'm just worried about other people getting caught by these scammers.
Taraelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 2:17 AM   #20

Congrats squirl! Somehow I missed that wonderful shot!

Well done and all the best to the competition!
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote