Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 28, 2006, 3:29 AM   #1

I want to buy a new camera. I prefer the FZ30 above the canon S2, because of the zoom ring and the focus ring, bigger and brighter screen, more MP.

But I also want to make some movies with the camera. Does anybody know how the quality of the movies are? how is the sound quality? (the canon has stereo sound recorded at CD quality rate, the panasonic has mono sound, but at what quality rate) Is the moviemode a quality update compared to the KM Z2 wich I own now.

I know for sure that the FZ30 makes beautiful pictures, but I also want to make beautiful movies (maybe I should buy a digicam, but first things first).

And how do you people do it with the battery, do you have two, ordo youfill it up every night?

Rudo

Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2006, 6:30 AM   #2

The movies I saw, even the ones with IS turned out well. I don't remember anything specific about sound, but what you can do is google "fz30 reviews" and most (good) reviews will have a movie attached to show the video quality. Look at a couple of those, and you'll have your answer.
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:15 PM   #3

I think you should buy a video camera if you really plan to make video. Our digital photo cameras make quicktime movies, not at a resolution you can make much out of -unless you only plan to put the vids in the net or something alike.

I have an FZ10 and two batteries, I consider it necessary so you don't have to wait in the middle of something just for the battery to charge. I guess it depends if you plan to have long shooting sessions, as a concert, a sports competition or a long walk into the woods where you cannot charge it.

It is a good idea to check the FZ30 reviews to have an idea of the video quality, there should be a video sample in dpreview.com and there is one in Steves' review at

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...0_samples.html

José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 2:54 AM   #4

Ok thanks....

I'm sure i will buy an extra battery (just in case)....

An I will take a look at the samples in the different reviews.

Rudo
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote