Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:53 PM   #11

Nice shot Telecorder. I haven't had many "keepers" in my attempts with the TCON-17 as I seldom seem to have enough light to stop the action. I'm hoping for a little brighter weather this spring. Just to clarify though... if you were shooting with the "M" setting, you were actually shooting in the Manual exposure mode. The macro mode is selected with the flower symbol on the mode dial.

Telecorder wrote:
Quote:
Duuh, yea, M=Macro for close ups... :lol:

I guess that's what I was trying for but not really the intent of the Macro mode as anticipated by Pany, I suppose....

:roll:
Timewarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:54 AM   #12

Timewarp wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot Telecorder. I haven't had many "keepers" in my attempts with the TCON-17 as I seldom seem to have enough light to stop the action. I'm hoping for a little brighter weather this spring. Just to clarify though... if you were shooting with the "M" setting, you were actually shooting in the Manual exposure mode. The macro mode is selected with the flower symbol on the mode dial.

Telecorder wrote:
Quote:
Duuh, yea, M=Macro for close ups... :lol:

I guess that's what I was trying for but not really the intent of the Macro mode as anticipated by Pany, I suppose....

:roll:
Ooops-

I stand corrected but that just goes to confirm I'm still a newbie at this. It 'tis M=Manual mode. Luckily, the previous settings were close enough for the shot. I wonder how much better it would have been if I was in P/A/S modes.... One thing that will help, I believe, is to go to ISO100 or higher to force the higher shutter speeds for the motion blur. In fair to good light, Noise removal software should take care of the issues...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:27 PM   #13

Telecorder wrote:
Quote:
I stand corrected but that just goes to confirm I'm still a newbie at this. It 'tis M=Manual mode. Luckily, the previous settings were close enough for the shot. I wonder how much better it would have been if I was in P/A/S modes.... One thing that will help, I believe, is to go to ISO100 or higher to force the higher shutter speeds for the motion blur. In fair to good light, Noise removal software should take care of the issues...
Dave - Still not sure what mode you were in. Macro would have been okay (ie, wouldn't have mattered) unless you had gone to 12x at which point the telemacro would have kicked in and kicked your focus out. I agree with your assessment of the rds. That cheap little daisy bb gun site does wonders for bif shot percentage. You're also right about the higher iso to get the shutter speed up. If the light is good enough, even iso200 wont be that noisey.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:35 PM   #14

Fred-

I believe that Timewarp is correct; I was in M=Manual mode while Macro is the flower icon on the FZ5 (Page 30 in manual). Luckily, the A/S settings I had were close enough for the lighting and movement to get as good of a photo as I did...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote