Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:28 PM   #1

Picked this up Saterday.

It's a Taylor T5 Standard, Cherry Burst, with a solid maple top. They list for $3,098.00, and I got it for $2,040.00 new.

Taylor has allways made quality acoustic guitars. When asked when they where going to come out with an electric guitar, their reply was...

Either never, or when we can come up with a guitar the can give you both.

Well... Here it is.

You can check out this link that demonstrates this guitars ability. It is "The Only" guitar that can do what it does.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars..._Demo_High.wmx

Here are some pics of mine...

Attached Images

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:28 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:29 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:29 PM   #4

Attached Images

Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:52 PM   #5

bobc wrote:
Quote:
It is "The Only" guitar that can do what it does.
what does it do that others don't? i'm not a musician, but it seems to me there's not much one guitar can do that another can't, just a matter of sound quality...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:20 PM   #6

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
what does it do that others don't? i'm not a musician, but it seems to me there's not much one guitar can do that another can't, just a matter of sound quality...
Did you watch the video on the link?

This guitar can be plugged into an acoustic amp, or an electric amp. And it will sound like an acoustic on an acoustic amp and an electric on an electric amp.

No other guitar does this. You would have to have 2 guitars normally to get those sounds.

Check out the vedeo, and let me know what you think.

bobc
Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:02 PM   #7

Hi Bob

Now thats a nice looking and pretty special guitar! I'm no musician but for it to do both acoustic and electric that is seriously cool.

HarjTT

:G
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:46 PM   #8

i guess i don't know the diffrerence between an "acoustic" amp and an electric one. i thought amps were amps, and acoustic guitars were... well, acoustic! if you plug an acoustic guitar into an amplifier, like, say, a Gibson with pickups, does it need a special amplifier? like i said, i'm not a musician, and frankly haven't paid any particular attention to guitars for probably 25-30 years...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:25 PM   #9

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
i guess i don't know the diffrerence between an "acoustic" amp and an electric one. i thought amps were amps, and acoustic guitars were... well, acoustic! if you plug an acoustic guitar into an amplifier, like, say, a Gibson with pickups, does it need a special amplifier? like i said, i'm not a musician, and frankly haven't paid any particular attention to guitars for probably 25-30 years...
Acoustic guitars do not sound good on electric amps and visa versa. I don't know the exact reason why, except that acoustic sound needs different electronics to amplify it without distorting it. Electric amps are all about the distortion, and electric guitars have no acoustic chamber to even generate any soud. They rely on just the pickups for their sound.

The T5 has an acoustic chamber, and a special sensor in the body to generate true acoustic sound when combined with certain combinations of the other pickups. It also has pickups that when combined certain ways will produce the sounds you would get with an electric amp.

You can also hook it into an A/B box and get both at the same time by hooking one side to an acoustic amp, and the other side to an electric amp, and sending the signal to both amps at the same time.

Cool huh...
Old Jan 31, 2006, 9:49 AM   #10

Bob - I'm purely an acoustic guitar player -a Martin D-28 - but the video blurb was interesting. Taylor makes some excellent guitars. What is the attachment on the back of the guitar that looks like a hot shoe? Surely this guitar doesn't also take flash photos. :|
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote