Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:31 AM   #1

in case any of you are wondering why i haven't been posting many images lately, here's the main reason...

a view across a normally dry field. you can see how dismal the light is... and this was taken at 12:45 PM, the middle of the day!a mile or so down the road is a golf course with a whole lot of water traps that aren't supposed to be there!

this is a shot i took on the way home, of the embankment behind the parking lot where i work. the slope is all woods, for probably 300 yards before it runs into houses on the other side. normally, the wooded hillside and vegetation absorb the water, and almost none makes itto the drainageditch, but after all the rain we've had, the soil is so saturated you can see the water just running out of the ground...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2006, 2:55 PM   #2

I agree, Squirl. Overcast weather produces dull colors. But your first pic looks ok, with no oversaturation and good colors.
I know, with sun it's all another matter of fact.
What a desolation...

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Narmer
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 4:10 PM   #3

Aaaaaaaaargh!...winter sucks! The curious (shhhh...not too loud...it ain't over yet...) thing is O U R winters are usually mind bendingly disgusting. Not just because everything turns brown and ugly, but we use tons of road salt and gravel which when mixed make an ogre's garnish to the ugliness already donated by the cold season. B U T T H I S Y E A R we rejoice in balmy temps, brilliant sunshine, crisp mountain breezes....and even the rusty nail in my right hip doesn't squeak as loud! Snoopy dances! Charlie Brown is out of school! The red Baron is nowhere to be seen! (Thanks Shultz...) Miracles do happen. In 1999 we also had a mild one and that gave me energy enough to (barely) coast to this one. I hope your weather can change for you and bring you all the smiles good weather brings, not to mention great pictures, too. (Just don't steal ours) Good luck, it can't be much longer, you guys usually have an earlier spring than us. Hang in there. Best regards,

KennethD

I plan to get out and snap a few...and I'll post here to cheer you up with some sunny pics, if I make it.
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:26 PM   #4

I'm in BC, about a 5 miles from the border. I'm seeing much of what you are seeing.

Ken
Ken Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 6:54 PM   #5

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
I agree, Squirl. Overcast weather produces dull colors. But your first pic looks ok, with no oversaturation and good colors.
I know, with sun it's all another matter of fact.
What a desolation...

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Narmer
it's not so much about the colors as the fact that it's so dark and gloomy, and so sloppy wet i can't really get out and take anything without getting me and my FZ soaked!!

Old Jan 31, 2006, 7:02 PM   #6

Just think of all those bright green spring pictures which wouldn't be possible without all that rain.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:45 PM   #7

i try to remember that. but we had glorious colors last spring, and only one inch of rainlast January! 12 is a bit more than we need... a third of our average annual rainfall in one month does not bode well for anything but the ducks! :-?
Old Jan 31, 2006, 9:18 PM   #8

I just hope we don't have any more home-slides like we did last year in Vancouver.
Ken Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 9:31 PM   #9

Ken Rogers wrote:
Quote:
I just hope we don't have any more home-slides like we did last year in Vancouver.
Last year was a global scale suction as far as our summer (?what summer?) went! R E C O R D rainfall. Same where I have my cabin near Radium in BC. So maybe there is some sort of law of averages at work. I went for a walk today and took some sunshine on a flashcard, and I'll send it to youse guys. Your spring is just around the corner. (We in Calgary might be ambushed by crap weather with zero notice, at A N Y time.) (Or not) Heh, heh...so pray mother nature blows you a kiss and lets you dry out and get back to takin' pictures like you were meant too...

Kd
Old Feb 1, 2006, 4:13 PM   #10

Here'e a pic I got yesterday, some ducks enjoying the brilliant sinshine! I hope you get the same sun soon.

Kd
Attached Images