Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:21 AM   #11

That's a really good picture LoveLife. My decision keeps getting harder and harder!
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:45 AM   #12

Nizidramanii wrote:
Quote:
That's a really good picture LoveLife. My decision keeps getting harder and harder!
Now you have all the facts to make your decision. If available light photography is not your bag then the FZ30 will doa decent job. If you are going to take pictures indoors at distances greater then 8 feet you will need to buy an external flash that mounts on the camera top. When the lighting conditions are good this camera can rank with the best Nikon film cameras. The noise issue shows up more on the screen but it is there. I hope you read the review on the other site is the only balanced one I have read.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:46 AM   #13

While Lovelife has much more experience in Photography than me ...Most people on these forums believed that the FZ10 and 20 had a red tint to the Photos,that was a cause for lots of threads with most people believing the WB needed manually set.I never bothered with that on those camera nor do I on the FZ30.

But there is almost no discussion on the blue tint except by Lovelife and if he is correct ...then most people must like a blue tint over a red one.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:03 AM   #14

genece wrote:
Quote:
While Lovelife has much more experience in Photography than me ...Most people on these forums believed that the FZ10 and 20 had a red tint to the Photos,that was a cause for lots of threads with most people believing the WB needed manually set.I never bothered with that on those camera nor do I on the FZ30.

But there is almost no discussion on the blue tint except by Lovelife and if he is correct ...then most people must like a blue tint over a red one.
This is a pure white truck and my flaming red car shot with FZ30 at -1 click to red. This only happens in bright sunlight. BTW I just ran a gama check of my monitor.

This is how it should look.

Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:48 AM   #15

Aside from the fact that it seems you polished your car and its a little sharper ...I see almost no difference in those photos... Oh well....I'll just leave mine alone.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 10:11 AM   #16

LoveLife escribió:
Quote:
This is a pure white truck and my flaming red car shot with FZ30 at -1 click to red. This only happens in bright sunlight. BTW I just ran a gama check of my monitor.

Are you too fast running and shooting, or the traffic is craizy slow in your area? :blah:

I had a FZ-15 and changed it for a FZ-30. I really love the FZ-30, I found that in brigth sun ligth there is a blue cast. I solve it in two ways: 1) Manual white balance or 2) PSP

However I really miss my FZ-15 when shooting my wife. She is a dancer and makes some presentations on theaters. Low ligth, fast moving, shotting with high zoom..... very dificult to get good results with FZ-30. I used to take great picts in that conditions with my FZ-15.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 10:57 AM   #17

Nizidramanii wrote:
Quote:
I was wondering how everyone here was looking at EXIF data.
You might also want Opanda IExif. You can right click on any image online and read the EXIF by selecting IExif from the right click menu. http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/

Some people strip the EXIF from their images, but most of the members here have learned to keep the EXIF so people can read it.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:08 PM   #18

I'm beginning to think I must be slightly colour-blind as I can see no discernible difference between the two 'white' trucks in Lovelife's post. Even if my monitor was not properly configured I should still see a difference shouldn't I? Lovelife, presumably this is the issue to which you referred in my bird shot in the dp thread.

I'm unable to see any blue cast in my shots taken on sunny days (some of which I have printed, so it's not just a possible problem with my monitor).

I don't think my colour vision is refined enough to spot these differences. Oh well, ignorance is bliss I suppose!

Matt

matt_xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:24 PM   #19

I must be colorblind as well, because I can't see the difference...

Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 1:35 PM   #20

Nizidramanii wrote:
Quote:
I must be colorblind as well, because I can't see the difference...

This should make it easier to see.