Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 4, 2006, 12:46 PM   #11

Videosilva,

You say you don't want to make the same mistake again, but haven't told us what you felt the problem was with the Canon. What were the features of the Canon that youdid you not like? If you are more specific we FZ30 users can also respond more specifically.

OK, cross posting.You say it was the fog effect. There is no record of this problem with the FZ30. Were there other problems with the Canon?

Cheers,

Matt

matt_xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 2:14 PM   #12

The S2 is a great little camera I would not hesitate keeping it for a second if only Canon could rectify the final product= blurry images.

On my way out to look either at the Pany fz30 or that Fuji 9 meg cam
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:41 AM   #13

dinoddc wrote:
Quote:
I had a canon s1 for more than a year, then i got a canon S2 and after2 month i changed for a panasonic fz30, the s2 was worst tha the s1, i hate " THE FOG EFFEC " and the only camera with 12x IS better than the s2 was thw fz30, the fz30 is a super camera, but the noise is a problem in a low light condition, if i change i'll go for and dsrl!!!!

There we go some one who knows what I'm talking about. Its sounds like the 30 is indeed producing better pictures but your still not content ? I presume I will have the same response ?

Where are you having problems ? Shooting nightscapses or general out door close up pictures ?
Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:42 AM   #14

I"m also thinking of that Fuji with the 9 megs ?
Old Feb 5, 2006, 9:31 AM   #15

The fuji is good for high iso but is very slow for raw and has no is so i got the fz30, the only problem if the noise even at iso 80 you see some, but with a NR program you are ok, at night you need a treepoid...
dinoddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 1:32 PM   #16

dinoddc wrote:
Quote:
The fuji is good for high iso but is very slow for raw and has no is so i got the fz30, the only problem if the noise even at iso 80 you see some, but with a NR program you are ok, at night you need a treepoid...

I don't belive I will be using raw, I am not a critic is a little grainy, too much contrast etc. I just need a cosistent decent picture. Is that too much to ask for in a Digital camera ?

I belive any camera to BE a camera needs MINIMUM a focus ring to manually focus on an object and IS.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 1:48 PM   #17

I am now becomig closer to returning my Canon S2 IS ( while I still have the chance ) and am leaning towards Panasonics FZ30.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 1:56 PM   #18

Is the video from the Pany FZ30 any good ? How does it compare to the Canon S2 IS video ?
Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:09 PM   #19

By all means, look at Fuji. Picture quality is the LAST issue you'll ever have.
TLB39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 5:17 PM   #20

So, you are saying that taking a basic picture with all 3 cams. I will be happy with the Fuji end result ?