Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 24, 2006, 9:33 AM   #41

For low light video the Panasonic FZ30 looks better then the S2IS.

In low light the Canon S2IS becomes very grainy, not so with good lighting though.
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 4:45 PM   #42

There are so many loyal Fz 30 owners here, I'd be surprised if anyone seriously knocked this camera. The best way for you to tell if it is for you or not, is to actually use it for a while. I was given the option of using mine for 30 days and allowed to return it no questions asked, no hard feelings, full refund, from the store I bought it from. It was a cinch right from the get go. But that's just me. I'm sure you would know one way or the other if you had the same option. Sometimes things look, or feel different to different people, but a cross section of owners here will basically endorse this camera hands down. It has been out long enough for people to really know the difference bewteen real short comings and occasional bad shots...

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:00 PM   #43

If a camera is bad I will not hold it back and say so. The FZ30 DOES produce better video in low light. I have video from the two cameras under the same lighting conditions.

P.S. I think I have bad mouthed the S2 long enough .
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote