Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:25 AM   #1

more shots at http://boyzo.zoto.com/galleries/gumtrees

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2006, 11:46 AM   #2

Nice John, that first shot looks almost like an ancient map! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 7:54 PM   #3

Yeah our gum trees sure make a good subject.....greaat shots John..........and thanks for sharing

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:46 PM   #4

I've missed your posts John they are always interesting. Agree with Hazz, gum trees have character. Do you have Sqiggle Gums in Victoria - they really are photogenic. We don't heve them over here but there is a beautiful stand in the Lane Cove Nat. Park in Sydney which I am looking forward to photographing later this year when I get over there (providing I can afford the petrol!). My existing pictures were taken with a Fuji and I daren't post them here!..Fred
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:13 AM   #5

John

Love that first shot - really nice and sharp, and spot on exposure. Never knew a gum tree bark could look so interesting!

Hazza

Good to hear from you mate !!!!!

Cheers

HarjTT

:-) :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:49 AM   #6

Interesting - are these two shots of the same type opf trees at different time of the year ?
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 10:08 AM   #7

John you sure know how to use the light. The color and detail without any highlight blowout. Sharp too. Nice to see you posting again.

Tom

P.S. I am leaving for No. California on the 7th. Will make a trip through Petaluma and down to Bodega Bay. Hope to get some nice shots and will post if any of them come out.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 3:59 PM   #8

suze wrote:
Quote:
Interesting - are these two shots of the same type opf trees at different time of the year ?
Suze they are different trees gum trees have many diff. types of bark not all attractive.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:01 PM   #9

Fred don't know sqiggle Gums but will look into it thnaks for comments.

Bootneck2 wrote:
Quote:
I've missed your posts John they are always interesting. Agree with Hazz, gum trees have character. Do you have Sqiggle Gums in Victoria - they really are photogenic. We don't heve them over here but there is a beautiful stand in the Lane Cove Nat. Park in Sydney which I am looking forward to photographing later this year when I get over there (providing I can afford the petrol!). My existing pictures were taken with a Fuji and I daren't post them here!..Fred
Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:11 PM   #10

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
John you sure know how to use the light. The color and detail without any highlight blowout. Sharp too. Nice to see you posting again.

Tom

P.S. I am leaving for No. California on the 7th. Will make a trip through Petaluma and down to Bodega Bay. Hope to get some nice shots and will post if any of them come out.
Thanks Tom... Petaluma is one of the oldest towns in Nth CA and full of character its very close to my heart for a reason, I would recommend fish and chips at McNears theatre resturant, several wonderfull Antique shops down town and 10th Avenue has some of the finest homes in the grand CA manner.

The Coast down to bodega bay is lovely .... hope the weather if fine for its winter there.

John