Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:24 AM   #1

Just to show the power of the Panasonic's FZ30 Zoom. This was taken around 4pm on a "rare" nice afternoon here in London.

Nothing done to the picture other than cropping it for this forum.

So far, am loving this camera and hope to add more pics here - all comments welcome, of course!!

Regards to all,

Raymond
Attached Images

RaymondK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:34 AM   #2

Just another one - resized to fit here on Steve's site. Picture taken HAND-HELD (!!) at 1/30 sec, f2.8, ISO 80.

At least I'm more than happy with the camera - but I'm NOT professional!

Any (kind) comments well received here!

Thanks,

Raymond

Attached Images

Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:01 PM   #3
JTF

Good job on these. For night shots always try to use a tripod if possible but I guess with the Z30 with the IS on you most likely won't have to use it. The 2nd pic is also very clear with good colour.
JTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:39 PM   #4

Thanks JTF for your comments. The "moon" pic was handheld but I plan to try some tripod shots of it when I next see it - and that's not easy here in London!!!

Maybe not a professional photographer but, from all that I've seen of the camera, I feel that it's really a wonderful purchase - I really don't want to walk around with different lenses, etc...

I'm planning a trip to Orlando in April/May time and plan to take 100's of pics (I'm visiting Disney with my girlfriend) and I really feel that it's the perfect camera for the job.

I also have a Sony Cybershot (T1) that I was thinking of taking but, for the quality of the shots that I've already seen from the FZ30, I feel that the extra size and weight of it will more than compensate.

Once again, thanks for you nice words,

Raymond
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:00 PM   #5

These are two great shots, look forward to seeing more from you
airedaleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:18 PM   #6

So now I'm replying to a dog? LOLOL!!!

Seriously though, thank you for your kind words - it makes me want to go out and take many more pics - and also, perhaps if I had time, to take a SERIOUS course on digital photography.

By any chance, do you know of any GOOD on-line one?

Thanks again,

Raymond
Old Feb 10, 2006, 9:58 PM   #7

I've never good an excellent book or online course that really helped me.

Probably the best thing to do is look at photos in the newspaper, magazines, etc. and see what you like about them, and maybe try their techniques.

You could post shots here and get tons of feedback.

-- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:58 AM   #8

Hi,

I too have an FZ30 and took a similar image to your moon shot last week, except I am in Northants! Good isn't it - the camera I mean, your pictures are too of course. By the way, have you experimented with the macro facility yet? I have - see attached I had to resize it because the original is too big for Steve's site but I hope you like it!

Happy Picture Making - like me you are more than just a "snapper"

Regards

Tony
Attached Images

kriptone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:51 AM   #9

Hi again Raymond,

Here is my moon shot, taken around 4.30pm February 9, 2006, hand held, with telephoto on 420mm, 4x digital zoom enabled, 1/200 sec f5.6 then colour balance altered to give impression of what it would have been like at night - I am a wheelchair user and to be honest, couldn't be bothered to set the tripod up as it was too cold to go out that night! There was also minimal sharpening applied post shooting to the image. hope you like it, comments welcomed.

Regards

Tony
Attached Images

kriptone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 3:51 AM   #10

Hi there Tony,

Sorry for the delay in replying. What can I say? Personally, considering that it's with the "digital zoom" too, I don't feel that you have anything to be ashamed about. The fact that it was handheld too only proves the IS capabilities of the camera.Just waiting to see if I can beat that shot in some way but need a "good night" for it as I plan to try a tripod shot somewhere around midnight (warm jacket too!!).

I'll post more pictures here when I consider them worthy of Steve's great website!!

Good luck,

Raymond