Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 11, 2006, 3:48 AM   #11
hkj

Cameras are usually more expensive in the Europe than in the USA. 398.00 EUR is the cheapest price I have seen so far in the Europe, MSRP is 479-499 EUR. Estimated in stock date 17.02.2006-20.02.2006 for FZ7 silver, black unknown.

Chowser wrote:
Quote:
398.00 EUR
Euro = 473.841 USD

?
can anyone see that pic?

398 euro is $473 US.

wonder how they plan on releasing it at $399 MSRP in the US.

it's been on ebay for over $500 from Japan.

hkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 4:23 AM   #12
hkj

Just wanted to update the in stock date, FZ7 silver 17.02.2006, FZ7 black unknown. So we will know more at the end of this week! I would be happy if I get the camera before the end of this month, but we will see...
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:56 AM   #13
hkj

As I was afraid of cameras stockdate has moved forward to the 20.02.2006. New conversion lens came allready (for the FZ7 52mm -> 55mm) and because of that I still hope I will get the camera before the end of february.

I will post some test pictures as soon as I can, tripod and ISO80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 with and without dark areas in the picture. Some say FZ7 has more noise than FZ5, but what I have seen from the reviews and from Panasonic I would say it is about the same, unfortunately there is not less of it.

TZ1 pictures look quite good to me, noise seems to be more fine graned than in the FZ5/FZ7, maybe that is because of the new Venus III engine. Shame that TZ1 LCD and Venus III processor are not in the FZ7 I think it is partly a cost issue and partly they do not want FZ7 to compete with incoming FZ40.

Old Feb 17, 2006, 7:08 AM   #14

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Pre-orders at vanns ($389 incl s/h) and onecall ($399 + s/h). Called - noestimate on when they would ship.

Onecall has them in stock now. Mine will be here today.
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 7:11 AM   #15

hkj wrote:
Quote:
Just ordered Panasonic FZ7 camera, Sandisk Extreme III 1Gt SD memorycard and some other accesories like extra battery and 55mm lens adapter. They promised it at the end of february, but I doubt it until I see it.

I am wondering if there is any difference between 55mm and 52mm thread lenses from Panasonic, like ND filter and such, does either one of them fit better to this camera because they both fit at least with adapter?

Curious what you mean by '55mm lens adapter'. A 52>>>55 step ring or an entire adapter?. FZ7 comes with lens barrel/tube adapter. If you ordered an extra one I'd like to know how to get that. Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:34 AM   #16
hkj

It is called lens adaptor (DMW-LA2) in here: http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/l...cessories.html

I do not know if it is only a step ring, propably because it is less than 30 euros.

Adapter was 22,08 euros and it is now in stock, now waiting for the camera, hopefully it will be in stock on monday. I can tell more about it and Panasonics own UV and Grey filter (55mm), ordered those too. Any recommendations on polarisation filters, there seems to be B&Ws, Hama's and Hoya' s filters in stock, price range 26,29-76,25 euros?
Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:51 AM   #17

That's the adapter itself. Looks MUCH smaller than the FZ5s. Cool!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:09 AM   #18

dequardo wrote:
Quote:
That's the adapter itself. Looks MUCH smaller than the FZ5s. Cool!
The adapter has to be long enough to provide for the FZ7 lens extension. I would expect itto be similar in size to the FZ5 adapter. The FZ7 comes with a 52mm adapter, presumably plastic. The optional 55mm adapter (DMW-LA2)is apparently made of stronger material. Available on ebay for $40 + $25 s/h. That's al ittle steep. I'd get by with the stock 52mm adapter until some more reasonably priced 3rd party 55mm adapters come out.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:39 AM   #19

Interesting as I had assumed the stock adapter is the same one sold as an accessory. That now explains why they list both 52 and 55mm filters and state the adapter (access) is needed for the 55's.

Good news in all this is as you state. Should be a much greater market for 3rd party tubes for the simpler, screw-on, design. In fact I'm going to ask Peter Liontas (sp?0 right now if he plans to make/sell one for the FZ7.

Thanks!

Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:05 AM   #20

He's ahead of me. From his website today!

February 17, 2006

Metal adapter tubes for the soon to be released Panasonic FZ7 are currently being designed. Tentatively, offerings will be in the traditional one piece design and possibly in a new two piece design featuring a retracting lens hood, both in 55mm. In regards to the two-piece adapter, we're attempting a refined variation our popular pemaraal FZ-20 H adapter.