Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:25 PM   #31

One word. (Hyphenated). ebaY :-)

As of 1400 CT today. 18 Black and 41 Silver in stock. This could well be from a warehouse supplying multiple vendors.
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 8:23 AM   #32

I should have mine on Monday. I'll post some details on the stock filter tube as soon as I can for those who are looking for more info on that.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 8:29 AM   #33

What would you like to know about the stock adapter? Lightweight, much shorter than the FZ5's, plastic and screws directly onto the lens barrel. Do NOT screw filters on very tight to this one!:idea:
Old Feb 24, 2006, 10:10 AM   #34
hkj

Mine should come 10.03.2006 with that new 55mm adapter, Panasonic UV and Gray filters, extra battery, Sandisk Extreme III 1Gt SD memorycard and I think I will also get B+W circularpolarisation filter with 55mm threads (it is damn expensive, allmost 70 euros ).
hkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 2:50 PM   #35

dequardo wrote:
Quote:
What would you like to know about the stock adapter? Lightweight, much shorter than the FZ5's, plastic and screws directly onto the lens barrel. Do NOT screw filters on very tight to this one!:idea:
I think some would like to see a closeup of the adapter installed to see how close the threads are to the end of the adapter as well as how close the lens comes to the edge when extended. I know Fred is always looking at this detail.

-Brett
Old Feb 24, 2006, 4:04 PM   #36

See http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=17312039for a couple ofphotos of the fz7 with the adapter attached. Unfortunately, the lens cap is on, so you can't see just how far the lens extends into the adapter. The poster there (who is a previous fz5 owner) does make the observation: "The lense adapter screws onto the lense barrel and is a very sturdy connection. It looks like the receiving threads are recessed about 1 mm or so." So it would appear that some sanding might be in order once again to get a more secure accessory lens connection,which has been the case with all the smaller fz series beginning with the fz1.

Another thing I'd be interested in knowing is whether there is an incremental extension of the FZ7 lens from 1x to 12x zoom. The FZ5 extends an additional total of about 2.5mm in going from 1x to 12x.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 11:55 PM   #37

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
See http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=17312039for a couple ofphotos of the fz7 with the adapter attached. Unfortunately, the lens cap is on, so you can't see just how far the lens extends into the adapter. The poster there (who is a previous fz5 owner) does make the observation: "The lense adapter screws onto the lense barrel and is a very sturdy connection. It looks like the receiving threads are recessed about 1 mm or so." So it would appear that some sanding might be in order once again to get a more secure accessory lens connection,which has been the case with all the smaller fz series beginning with the fz1.

Another thing I'd be interested in knowing is whether there is an incremental extension of the FZ7 lens from 1x to 12x zoom. The FZ5 extends an additional total of about 2.5mm in going from 1x to 12x.
Thanks Fred, I had missed that post. If no other new owners beat me to it I'll try to answer these questions when I get mine. I also will try to get some sample shots with my C-180, Ricoh 200m and Wcon8. Wow I'm going to have some work to do!

-Brett
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:47 PM   #38
hkj

fmoore wrote:
Quote:

At least in here they say it does extend:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=17352203
hkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:30 PM   #39

So for anyone who already has an FZ7 in their possession, where did you order it from? I was going to order mine at provantage.com, but wanted to wait until other people received theres.
fatalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:52 PM   #40

First one. Onecall. Second one. Provantage.