Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:55 PM   #41

You purchased two?
fatalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:16 PM   #42

correct
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:49 PM   #43

Hello

I'm a newby to this forum and was reading this post and thought I'd throw in a word. I purchased a Z7 from pagecomputer.com for $306.99 plus shipping and they charged me tax :?so for 2-day shipping and tax it cost me $341 and some change. I ordered it Friday and should have it Tuesday, Can't wait I almost ordered an FZ5 but it was the same price at Abes of Maine and after reading the reviews I decided to go for the FZ7 instead even though the review did'nt have too much praise for the image:shock: I thought the camera controls were better on the FZ7 plus it has a bigger LCD. The only bad thing is they only had silver and I was hoping for a black one. Oh well at least I'll have one.

I purchased a DiMage Z6 last week and I'm very disappointed in it's performance,very poor auto focus in my opinion:shock:
rickyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:54 PM   #44

Hi Ricky, good luck with yournew purchase of FZ7.
Let me know what do you think of FZ7, for myself plan to get it also next month :-)
armadilloshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:31 AM   #45

After reviewing the top 4 companies that had the black FZ7, I decided to purchase it at buydig.com. I should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Theprice on the camera was fair ($344.00), but they charge a lot for accessories so I'm still looking around for a good memory card at a decent price.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:08 AM   #46

fatalysis wrote:
Quote:
After reviewing the top 4 companies that had the black FZ7, I decided to purchase it at buydig.com. I should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Theprice on the camera was fair ($344.00), but they charge a lot for accessories so I'm still looking around for a good memory card at a decent price.
Try newegg.com,that is where I got mine. The memory card that is, not the FZ7. The 7 is from provantage.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:17 AM   #47

I don't see a listing for the Fz7 on Newegg?!
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:14 AM   #48

I didn't either. I would have gotten mine from there if I had seen it! I even sentnewegg an e-mail last week asking when they were going to have it because other online sellers already had it.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 1:03 PM   #49

dequardo wrote:
Quote:
I don't see a listing for the Fz7 on Newegg?!
Sorry I was addressing the memory card question.
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:12 PM   #50

Well after a delay in shipping from Page Computers I told them to cancel my order and credit my debit card. I then went to Beach Cameras and placed my order with them. They had the camera for $344 with free shipping but I opted for the 1-2 day delivery for an extra $16.95 So it's basically about $19 more than Page Computers and it was shipped 2 hrs after I ordered it.

The story gets better,after I cancelled the order with Page and ordered from Beach I get this call from the sales rep from Page and she says the order was'nt cancelled in time and the camera is being shipped. That's funny seeing how is was backordered at the time I cancelled and now all the sudden it's in stock and shipped (ordered last Friday and they said it was in stock but could'nt be shipped till monday) and when I checked on it today it was out of stock) So now I have 2 coming and I have to refuse the Page order and wait for the credit to mydebit card.

I bit of advice : DON'T USE PAGE COMPUTERS !!!!:-x

I will fill you guys in about the camera as soon as I get it. I ordered the black one this time:-D
rickyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote