Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 13, 2006, 6:19 PM   #1

Here's my second attempt on shooting macros. I think it turned out awesome. I did some color correction in PS, and also gave it that HDR (High Dynamic Range) look to it. Whenever B&H gets the nikon 4t in stock I'm buying it. If I can get this much detail with just the FZ30 then the 4t will be sweet!

Hand Held
1/8 sec
f/2.8
Aperture Prioritiy
ISO 80
Spot Metering
Manual WB

100% crop

treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:26 PM   #2

Hmm... 32 views and no replies??? C'mon people. 0_o.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:37 PM   #3

Yeah, what's up, people? Nice first attempt, treed. Did you use any macro lens? Or just the FZ's macro setting? Also, how do you add dynamic range in PS?
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:49 PM   #4

Thanks man. No macro lens, just stock fz30. Actually it was a HDR fake. I added a diffuse glow in PS to get that bloom effect. But someone told me how I can get a true HDR image by using auto bracketing on the fz30 and then in PS the automate>merge to HDR feature. It's taking like three photos and layering different exposure values on top of each other. Anyway, off to take more macros!

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, what's up, people? Nice first attempt, treed. Did you use any macro lens? Or just the FZ's macro setting? Also, how do you add dynamic range in PS?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 5:50 AM   #5

Good effort Treed.

I was just a little wary of looking at your pics.

In less polite circles 'Money shots" means something quite different.
Puddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:05 PM   #6

They look pretty good. I can't wait to see what you shoot with a macro lens. Sorry I didn't comment earlier, I've been away from the Internet for several days - watching the Olympics too much, I guess.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Puddock wrote:

Good effort Treed. I was just a little wary of looking at your pics. In less polite circles 'Money shots" means something quite different.
Haha thanks. Yeah I probably should have titled it something different but I was just trying to be creative.

Quote:
LadyhawkVA wrote:

They look pretty good. I can't wait to see what you shoot with a macro lens. Sorry I didn't comment earlier, I've been away from the Internet for several days - watching the Olympics too much, I guess.
Yeah, the 4t lens will be soooo sick. And when it's spring I'll be able to shoot a lot more outdoor macros too.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 2:04 AM   #8

The Nikon 4t is great. You'll enjoy it. Here is a shot of the morning dew I took this morning. This was done with my KM Maxxum 5D, but I'd get similar results on my FZ30 at full zoom and the 4t.

Attached Images

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote