Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:24 AM   #1

I purchased my black FZ20 brand new about 12 months ago. I've put a couple thousand shots through it, and it's in perfect condition. It's been babied, and never dropped.*I have the camera, strap, lens hood, cables, box, and manual. Everything that came with it new, except for the 8MB SD card.I've decided that although it's a great camera, for what it is I want to shoot (especially available light photography) a DSLR is a better bet.*Any idea what I can expect/hope to get?Thanks!-Danny
Dlatu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2006, 9:15 AM   #2

they're selling new for a little over$400 on eBay. used ones probably slightly less.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:40 AM   #3

I'm just wondering if the 18-55 on a D50 is gonna be the same.*I don't have a ton of money right now to spend on lenses, etc.*The super telephoto is more a novelty than a serious picture taking tool for what I do most of the time.Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:41 AM   #4

Since they are selling new at around 400, I saw some on ebay getting up to 325-350 for a mint condition used camera. I sold mine on ebay for $389, but I included an extra battery, the phayee adapter, and an old 256 MB SD card I had lying around. All in all, I think I did pretty well. My camera was babied as well and in pretty much mint condition, and I also had all original manuals, box, accessories, etc. So if you have all the original stuff and the camera is in tiptop shape, I would guess you could get up to the $325 range. That's a pretty amazing depreciation rate for something like this to hold it's value that much, when these things are being improved upon so quickly. When I got the FZ20, I really thought that would be all I needed forever. I am consistently impressed with the improvements made in the technology from year to year.
atkins400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:28 PM   #5

Danny,

If you can give up any accessories for the FZ20 that you no longer need, you can get a bit more.

Also, post at least one EXCELLENT photo (not a person, a scenic perhaps) with your ad.

Good luck!

Alternatively, you may be able to trade it in but you will get less for it when you buy your DSLR.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 4:26 PM   #6

D50's with the 18-55 were $599 @ Comp USA.*I love it so far